Do you think we have sufficient money to spend?

Richard

Are there restrictions on MO'Ns funds for the summer?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Are there restrictions on MO'Ns funds for the summer?

• I believe the General - We will be able to compete for more expensive players
    • I don't believe we will be able to compete for expensive players

I don't think you can say MON has been reluctant to spend money though (Young £11m, NRC £8.5m, Davies £8m) what he has been reluctant to do is bring in large numbers of players. I agree this is frustrating due to the size of the squad but I don't think people can say he has been reluctant to spend.

Young was 9.6 mill, Davis (Allegdedly) is 10mill (even if it's a done deal, which remains to be seen). NRC yep 8.5mill, how much was Petrov this week? Not a dig at you TV, more a point of Transfer fees change as what point people are trying to prove?

Young was 9.6 mill, Davis (Allegdedly) is 10mill (even if it's a done deal, which remains to be seen). NRC yep 8.5mill, how much was Petrov this week? Not a dig at you TV, more a point of Transfer fees change as what point people are trying to prove?

Your right Young was £9.6m but with add ons, some of which will have already kicked in with his England appearance. The total fee will/could rise to £11m and is very likely to do so. Davies I believe was £8m but none of us know for sure as it was undisclosed thus the fluctuations on here. As for Petrov that is rather more simple, that was £6.5m I thought that was pretty much universally accepted to be honest.

The problem is these days transfer fee's is that they aren't simple as so many aren't disclosed and there are so many add ons.

P.S - I'm not sure the poll is asking the right question. We have shown we can compete for expensive players NRC and Ashley Young. The real question is can we afford to build a squad full of these sort of players and or add a couple from the next bracket up.

i think the question is ok, but each person will have a different definition of what counts as "sufficient money".

I'm convinced we have a lot more money than has been spent so far, but will that be enough.

Have we got enough to buy 11 players of the standard of the top 3. (not all in one summer). That would cost us around £200mill as a minimum, which you could say would need £50 million each year over the next 4 years.

i believe Randy would be willing to spend that, as we would end up getting about £25mill back each year in extra revenue from Champ League, merchandising, extra gates, more matches, etc...

I actually cannot believe ANYONE is questioning Randy's commitment to the club, he has promised a huge amount off the field and delivered on time everytime, he admit he has nothing to do with transfers and MON has his backing, what's not to believe? Very strange indeed that loyalty to MON outweighs a man word that has NEVER let us down?

Your right Young was £9.6m but with add ons, some of which will have already kicked in with his England appearance. The total fee will/could rise to £11m and is very likely to do so. Davies I believe was £8m but none of us know for sure as it was undisclosed thus the fluctuations on here. As for Petrov that is rather more simple, that was £6.5m I thought that was pretty much universally accepted to be honest.

The problem is these days transfer fee's is that they aren't simple as so many aren't disclosed and there are so many add ons.

I don't remember ANY add on for Young, and I thought it was universally accepted that Davies was 10 mill... as for Petrov depending on the poster is 6.5 - 8.5 million. AIRI

I actually cannot believe ANYONE is questioning Randy's commitment to the club, he has promised a huge amount off the field and delivered on time everytime, he admit he has nothing to do with transfers and MON has his backing, what's not to believe? Very strange indeed that loyalty to MON outweighs a man word that has NEVER let us down?

is there anyone who believes the money is not there, the question surely is the amount

I voted no because the poll asks whether we can compete for the more expensive players and I'm assuming that bracket will be the likes of David Villa ie 20 million plus.

I think we have decent money to spend and will hopefully see a few more additions between 8-12 million which is all good. I don't think we will be competing for the more expensive players for these reasons:

-Massive transfer fee

-Wages

-Not able to attract them anyway at this stage of our development.

is there anyone who believes the money is not there, the question surely is the amount

yes, that is the question - how much?

i think £25Ml a year should be comfortable for Randy & Villa to spend.

£50M a year would be stretching it, and would mean Randy subsidizing the club until we manage to become a Champions league club.

I believe that there is a limit to the amount of money that we can/will spend in the summer.

And I think that a huge amount will depend on the value of the players that the manager can sign, rather than the amount of money that they are signed for.

I don't remember ANY add on for Young, and I thought it was universally accepted that Davies was 10 mill... as for Petrov depending on the poster is 6.5 - 8.5 million. AIRI

Well here you go on Young for a start.

Scroll down a bit

I believe if the manager want's a specific player the Owner will back him to the hilt!

yes, but only to a point.

What if MON wanted 11 players of Torres quality this summer? That would be £275M!

ok, slight exageration, but if MON suddenly starting spending like Sven Erikkson (unlikely i know!), i wonder how far Randy would back him?

my thinking is £50M a year.

what do you think?

Â