The value of managers

Bugzy1991

19 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

The dude's 29 and is trying to quantify how much influence a manager has on a team over an entire season, in a season in which they beat 5000-1 odds as a percentage. 

I'd just leave him to it tbh, ain't no chance with that :lol:  

We're probably not going to get an answer, and to be honest I don't blame him.

If this dude has developed a system to reliably assess the impact of any given manager on any given team's performance over the course of a season to an accuracy of one decimal point no less, he absolutely should not be giving away for free to the **** muppets On Here; he should be running to the Patent Office as fast as his legs can carry him, because Premier League chairmen will pay millions for this discovery. I think he knows not to give away secrets like this. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I quite like the fact he called the guy out like that. Anyone had met he report so we can see who was right?

If Dean Smith had done it we'd all be loving it. But it's Bruce sooooo

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

We're probably not going to get an answer, and to be honest I don't blame him.

If this dude has developed a system to reliably assess the impact of any given manager on any given team's performance over the course of a season to an accuracy of one decimal point no less, he absolutely should not be giving away for free to the **** muppets On Here; he should be running to the Patent Office as fast as his legs can carry him, because Premier League chairmen will pay millions for this discovery. I think he knows not to give away secrets like this. 

giphy.gif

That's all well and good but chairmen only have a 5.8% influence on a team so it's not really worth it

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He won the league with a team that were 5000-1 outsiders at the start of the season.

Your turn.

Show me when something like that is related to a manager. 

Your turn.

@hanoi. Last time you did this. I proved you wrong. Saying I'll never reply. I replied about the xg shit and you have nothing to reply  Want to see how much equity shift there is with hiring managers on a league position? No manager is worth more than you think it is.  Ranieri is nowhere near a 500 equity shift. 

Ranieri is worth Less than 3 % at a max to Leicester.  His actual influence for a league title is definitely less than 1.

@lepal. Yes I'm 29 but it's my job to evaluate these things. It's how we make money by exploiting you guys who think like this 

Edited by Bugzy1991

6 minutes ago, Bugzy1991 said:

@hanoi. Last time you did this. I proved you wrong. Saying I'll never reply. I replied about the xg shit and you have nothing to reply  Want to see how much equity shift there is with hiring managers on a league position? No manager is worth more than you think it is. 

Ranieri is worth Less than 3 % at a max to Leicester. 

I guess I'll just have to read all about it in your autobiography in a few decades' time 😞

3 minutes ago, Bugzy1991 said:

Ok? Pep team did destroy BM. Do I think he's worth X amount more than another manager? No? 

Great point though mate. 

So you've proved yourself wrong, claiming a manager "destroyed" a league, whilst also saying they have almost no input.

You're right, these companies worth hundreds of millions, pay out tens of millions a year for someone who makes "no difference". 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bugzy1991 said:

Show me when something like that is related to a manager. 

Your turn.

When Leicester won the league.

No it's not my turn. You still haven't shown us how you came to your (probably arbitrary) percentages. You just tried to distract us by answering with a question.

Can you show us how you got to such precise measurements of how much influence a manager has?

11 minutes ago, Bugzy1991 said:

Yes I'm 29 but it's my job to evaluate these things. It's how we make money by exploiting you guys who think like this 

It's quite weird to be acting so high and mighty with these things because it's "your job" when you don't know the jobs of the people you're talking to :) 

4 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

So you've proved yourself wrong, claiming a manager "destroyed" a league, whilst also saying they have almost no input.

You're right, these companies worth hundreds of millions, pay out tens of millions a year for someone who makes "no difference". 

Peps team destroyed the league. Was it down solely to him? No.  

Managers closer the top have more influence  over a team. Hence why ranieri struggled a lot . And got to nowhere to the top. 

.keep trying to poke holes. 

Edited by Bugzy1991

4 minutes ago, Bugzy1991 said:

Managers closer the top have more influence  over a team. Hence why ranieri struggled a lot . And got to nowhere to the top. 

.keep trying to poke holes. 

Finishing 1st is actually at the top. Like literally 1st.

• Like 1

Has anyone said it was solely down to him?

Has anyone said Leicester winning was solely down to Ranieri?

We should hire ranieri. He's better at getting to the top than any other manager 😂

I take it they didn't teach maths, or reading comprehension, in Looney Tunes do they, Bugs.

Â