Jump to content
Zatman

Covid-19 and Football

Recommended Posts

A title is still a title,  and in liverpool's position it's a foregone conclusion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And a party is happening in Liverpool and other cities whether the authorities like it or not. 

Only one politician has made this point and has been completely ignored

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news for all gambling addicts out there, the Costa Rican league is back as of next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Mr Player Safety who cried for a winter break has declared himself happy players are returning. 

Hypocritical clearing in the woods

You love him really

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zatman said:

And a party is happening in Liverpool and other cities whether the authorities like it or not. 

Only one politician has made this point and has been completely ignored

So just prolong it as long as possible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The current Serie A campaign will be completed by August 20 to allow a new season to start on September 1 - 12 days turnaround 
 

August 31st is the transfer deadline for the new season 

Edited by rbcuk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

The current Serie A campaign will be completed by August 20 to allow a new season to start on September 1 - 12 days turnaround 
 

August 31st is the transfer deadline for the new season 

Talk about having it in a short play off format rather than finishing the series for both title, European spots and relegation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/05/2020 at 09:17, dubbs said:

A title is still a title,  and in liverpool's position it's a foregone conclusion. 

What's David Brent's band got to do with this?

Equality Street?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dresden returned more positive test results

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dunfermline unable to offer deals to 17 out-of-contract players. Grim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if the start is june and lets say wesley was fit he wouldnt be able to play if he was coming back for 2 weeks as he has to self isolate for that period.

Not sure where he is in teems of fitness bit the club need to get him back from brazil if he is close to a return

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So if the start is june and lets say wesley was fit he wouldnt be able to play if he was coming back for 2 weeks as he has to self isolate for that period.

Not sure where he is in teems of fitness bit the club need to get him back from brazil if he is close to a return

If Keinan could stay injury free it wouldn't be a problem.

Samatta and Keinan are miles better than him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dom_Wren said:

2 more cases at a prem club.....

Which was met with "good news" and "less than the Bundesliga" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah SKY seem to be suggesting it's good news, yet two months ago it would be the end of the world!

Hypocrisy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Yeah SKY seem to be suggesting it's good news, yet two months ago it would be the end of the world!

Hypocrisy.

I think they were expecting more than 0.2% positive cases. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, villalad21 said:

If Keinan could stay injury free it wouldn't be a problem.

Samatta and Keinan are miles better than him.

Exactly, Wesley has been consistently awful all season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 One of the issues to look forward to.

Quote

AN INVESTIGATION into the early impact of the COVID-19 lockdown has revealed the injury rate in German soccer spiked by more than three times the usual number.

The Bundesliga was the first European soccer competition to return and one of the first sports anywhere in the world.

Dr Mason's report, based on club and League data, found the pre-lockdown injury rate per game of 0.27 this season climbed to 0.88 in the first batch of Bundesliga matches after resumption.

Beyond that, Dortmund lost five of its starters to muscle strains in the 17-day lead-in to games, which is shorter than the three-and-a-half to four weeks AFL teams will have.

Dr Mason acknowledged the small sample size must be factored into any conclusions but that it was the "first glimpse" with data into the sports shutdown's physical impact.

Bundesliga matches remained at 90 minutes, plus added injury time, but clubs were able to make five substitutions rather than the usual three.

Almost 90 per cent of sides took advantage of this rule change.

Dr Mason said there was a chance AFL teams would extend the typical post-match recovery period for footballers from 48 hours to 72 in the early weeks after resumption.

"The relationship between not just that acute fatigue, where you're absolutely stuffed in the moment, but that accumulated fatigue over a season is important here," he said.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/435743/injury-spike-bundesliga-report-reveals-big-threat-afl-footballers-face

Edited by sne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â