Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Did Barcelona once kick off a game at one minute past midnight so that Ronaldinho could play?

I have some odd memory of that but it might have happened in a dream - I need to lay off the HC.

Yeah they did, don't remember the details but they absolutely did start a game past midnight

• Like 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8336559/Six-Premier-League-players-three-different-clubs-record-POSITIVE-coronavirus-tests.html

Six Premier League players and members of staff from three clubs have recorded positive coronavirus tests after the first wave were carried out within the top-flight this week. 

The Covid-19 tests were conducted on Sunday and Monday and are due to take place twice a week from now on. Forty tests will be carried out at each club in each training session. 

The results come from the tests of 19 Premier League clubs, with one club testing on Tuesday. Those results will be included in the data from the second round of testing, which is due to be published on Saturday.  

A Premier League statement read: 'The Premier League can today confirm that, on Sunday 17 May and Monday 18 May, 748 players and club staff were tested for COVID-19. 

'Of these, six have tested positive from three clubs. Players or club staff who have tested positive will now self-isolate for a period of seven days.' 

Those results mean only 0.8 per cent of the tests carried out were positive in a boost to the Premier League's plans to get up and running. 
The number of positive tests and number of clubs affected are being made public but the names of individuals and clubs will be kept private by the Premier League.

The Premier League has joined forces with the global health company that has been working with the Bundesliga to deliver testing.

The test itself involves a swab and a nasal sample that only goes around a centimetre up the nostril and is far less invasive than other tests that are used across the globe.   

Clubs are now making tentative steps towards resuming the season. The return to training involves small groups of up to five players working together, while practising social distancing, with sessions to last no more than 75 minutes for any one player.

It comes after Premier League clubs unanimously agreed the protocols for small group training to resume on Monday and they will gather again on May 26 to discuss protocols for contact training.

June 12 has been mentioned as a resumption date, but the league's chief executive Richard Masters has said that was only ever to be treated as a 'staging post'.

Premier League clubs will be subjected to rigorous checks to ensure they are complying with training protocols, while the league has also committed to making every positive Covid-19 test public knowledge. 

19 hours ago, Genie said:

Despite it being 9th in row, and mid-pandemic Celtic fans have still defied pleas not to stay home by celebrating outside the stadium.

It would be 1000x worse if/when Liverpool are crown champions.

BC6793-CC-7-A9-B-4533-BF7-E-0-ACDD55-EB2 spacer.png

Only a few fans defied it and Celtic have a massive fans base. 

Only a few fans defied it outside the ground... 

They're a special kind of idiot 

How many more had a beer last night round their local for a lock in or will have a bbq this weekend to celebrate? 

And that's without balls being kicked 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

How many more had a beer last night round their local for a lock in or will have a bbq this weekend to celebrate? 

I agree, and it was already a forgone conclusion before the season started. I’d expect thousands on the streets when Liverpool are confirmed champions.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Probably but better to delay the inevetible then having it now.  If you take the title off them the riots will be worse than the celebrations and if they win the title on the field in say 6 weeks time, the infection rate should be much lower hopefully. 

17 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Probably but better to delay the inevetible then having it now.  If you take the title off them the riots will be worse than the celebrations and if they win the title on the field in say 6 weeks time, the infection rate should be much lower hopefully. 

If they riot they should be kicked out of the league

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

If they riot they should be kicked out of the league

Yes quite right too. Everton fans still mad about not playing in the European Cup when they had a great team in the 80s because Liverpool got us all kicked out of Europe because of Heysel. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

Hull calling for the season to be voided. I think Villa should join them.

I don’t think, they’ll punish us by relegating us. Hopefully others push for voiding without affecting us.

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I don’t think, they’ll punish us by relegating us. Hopefully others push for voiding without affecting us.

No, I mean just wiping the results so far, as if they never played games at all and starting over on time in August behind closed doors until fans are given the clear.

In America, MLS has been given the green light to begin training, but only if the players get pre match bleach injections.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

No, I mean just wiping the results so far, as if they never played games at all and starting over on time in August behind closed doors until fans are given the clear.

In America, MLS has been given the green light to begin training, but only if the players get pre match bleach injections.

I know what you're saying, but PL will push hard to what they want, So basically Villa shall be the last club to ask for cancelling the season. It should come from others.

If i was a plop fan i wouldnt be that bothered if the season was voided. First title in how many years cant celebrate in stadium with fans no parade. It will just be lame to look back on.

• Like 1

Â