Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

41 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Abraham saying he lives with his dad who is highly asthmatic and he wouldn’t feel comfortable putting him at risk. 
More and more players starting to come out saying they don’t want to play. 

But he doesn't play for a team under the threat of relegation? 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Abraham saying he lives with his dad who is highly asthmatic and he wouldn’t feel comfortable putting him at risk. 

I've read loads of people suggesting they all just isolate themselves from their family for weeks in hotels.

Meanwhile yesterday my company announced that while we'll allow travel to customer sites if it's vital, we won't permit any travel by public transport or any travel requiring overnight stays as it's an unacceptable risk to the health of our staff.

Kicking a ball around for entertainment is not that important.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Then live in a hotel for a month when the season is restarting till it's finished. Don't see the problem.

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Women's super league is likely to come to an end following talks

So that's the women's leagues and leagues 1 and 2 coming to an end, obviously not as important to morale 

Definitely not as important, I mean I think it’s still okay to call a spade a spade, last time I checked anyway.

Very few people give a toss about women’s football, it rode the wave of interest that came off the back of their World Cup or euros whichever one it was but that interest has quickly faded again.

Much the same as the Paralympics circa 2012.

45 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

it rode the wave of interest that came off the back of their World Cup or euros whichever one it was but that interest has quickly faded again.

This always happens.

Part of the reason is during the World Cup there aren't any male games to compete with, but once the league starts they simply can't compete with the men's league.

Will the women's game grow? Yes, but so will the men's game. The men won't stand still and wait for them to catch up.

International football is the real future of women football and i would like to see them promoting it even more.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Then live in a hotel for a month when the season is restarting till it's finished. Don't see the problem.

If my employer suggested that I'd tell them where to go. That don't get to dictate where I live or who with.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, limpid said:

If my employer suggested that I'd tell them where to go. That don't get to dictate where I live or who with.

Of course, obviously. It was simply a suggestion.

If some players doesn't want to turn up no one will be forcing them to do so.

If anything positive could come out of this it might give some U-23 players a great chance of some first team football.

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Of course, obviously. It was simply a suggestion.

If some players doesn't want to turn up no one will be forcing them to do so.

If anything positive could come out of this it might give some U-23 players a great chance of some first team football.

So when you said that you "don't see the problem"; you do see the problem.

I can't see Sky/BT paying to cover kids matches.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

This always happens.

Part of the reason is during the World Cup there aren't any male games to compete with, but once the league starts they simply can't compete with the men's league.

Will the women's game grow? Yes, but so will the men's game. The men won't stand still and wait for them to catch up.

International football is the real future of women football and i would like to see them promoting it even more.

and it was live on BBC. It was bound to attract interest

18 minutes ago, limpid said:

So when you said that you "don't see the problem"; you do see the problem.

I can't see Sky/BT paying to cover kids matches.

I think the vast majority of players will turn up.

We are so horrendously bad at giving the youth a chance and it saddens me.

Edited by villalad21

35 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I think the vast majority of players will turn up.

I don't. I think that considering that there is an increased risk of death, permanent lung damage or even amputation that many players will choose not to risk their livelihoods (including the youngsters) and I'd be surprised if their and the clubs' insurers saw it any differently.

The sport of football can't be socially distanced, therefore shouldn't happen until we no longer need to socially distance.

• Like 3

Fantastic to have a bit of escapism for a few hours.

As much as covid is a very serious topic and one we all now have an opinion on in some way it isn't half depressing as f*** to have to constantly talk about lockdown and social distancing every single day.

It's not football as we know it but it will do for now.

• Like 3

Giovanni Reyna injured during the warm up for Dortmund so Thorgan Hazard starts instead.

Stuff like this will be happening all the time now with players far from real fitness.

Â