Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

They have to void it, it’s the least problematic scenario and nobody is gaining or losing anything. 

Unfortunately the 2 most powerful clubs in the country will argue that they do lose something and all of them plus the old boys brigade that run the show will lose out on money 

53 minutes ago, Genie said:

Is the season finished? No

Can we finish the season? No

Are any of the teams at the bottom mathematically relegated? No

They have to void it, it’s the least problematic scenario and nobody is gaining or losing anything. 

The PL aren't listening though...

Hundreds of fan groups across Europe have united to insist that football should not resume until crowds can return to stadiums.

The coronavirus pandemic has seen leagues grind to a halt, but the Bundesliga is planning to restart this weekend.

Serie A is set to resume on June 13, while the English Premier League are still exploring options to play the remaining games over the summer.

With social distancing measures to remain in place though, games will be played without fans for the foreseeable future.

That could have a devastating financial impact on Scottish clubs, who derive around 42 per cent of their income, on average, from gate receipts.

And the move hasn't gone down well on the continent either, where 'ultra' culture is a huge part of the football experience.

Now hundreds of supporters groups have come together to call for football to be stopped until fans can return.

Titled 'No Football Without Fans', a statement calls for the game to be suspended indefinitely.

It declares: "We consider the absolute stop to European football more than reasonable.

"Instead those who manage it have expressed only one goal: to start again. We firmly believe that only economic interests are at play.

"This is confirmed by the fact that the leagues should start again behind closed doors, without the beating heart of this popular sport: the fans.

"We ask the competent bodies to keep football competitions halted, until the crowding of the stadiums returns to being a habit free of risk to the collective health."

More than 150 Italian ultra groups have signed up to the campaign, including groups from Juventus, Napoli, Atalanta and Genoa.

Four Bayern Munich fan groups have joined, as have groups from Sevilla, Real Madrid and Marseille.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/juventus-bayern-munich-fans-join-22022697

No English groups yet from what I saw when I browsed though.

33 minutes ago, sne said:

No English groups yet from what I saw when I browsed though.

I like to think they wrote to the most organised English fan group they could find, looking for support on this...in Liverpool.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I wish them luck in court going against our billionaire owners while breaking one of the only rules that's actually written down.

I know, it’s madness. I still think they’ll do it though. 

20 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

For what it’s worth, I think they’ll relegate us if we don’t get back to playing again.

The question would be how do they relegate three teams? Who would be the third team promoted from the Championship if there are no playoffs? If they just select the team currently in third or in third on PPG then they'll have the same legal trouble the premier league will have. 

As said by Genie above, I really think voiding the season is the only way forward. Especially when it looks likely that football could only restart in mid June at the earliest. 

Edited by villa89

11 hours ago, sne said:

As with the Premier League, if those fan groups just decided to turn up to stadiums in big numbers on match day the authorities would have no choice but to call it off again.  

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Coady at wolves has done an interview, says trust their Dr's which is good, then goes on to explain training... No poles, no cones, no goals, bring your own ball which is then cleaned... 

That makes a change.

Not.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

That makes a change.

Not.

Apparently he's a Liverpool fan. Who knew ? 🤷‍♂️

I think I'd almost prefer to hear about Dave Whelan's cup final broken leg....or David Walliams being Molly Sugden's bridesmaid 🙄

Edited by mottaloo
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Apparently he's a Liverpool fan. Who knew ? 🤷‍♂️

I think I'd almost prefer to hear about Dave Whelan's cup final broken leg....or David Walliams being Molly Sugden's bridesmaid 🙄

Phlegmy Coady is the "Go-To Guy" whenever Radio WM want a Wolveszzzzz interview.

I assume no one else at the club speaks English (Coady's is bad enough)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, holteend1982 said:

League 2 finished as voted by the clubs but relegation and promotion still undecided 

Edit: top 3 promoted and play offs to go ahead with no relegation 

So no relegation from League 2 but FA are insisting Prem League need to... they can fork right off! 

If football clubs are going to be in financial ruin after Covid 19 then finally some good news for a lucky club

Harry Redknapp is interested in buying a club 😂😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

If football clubs are going to be in financial ruin after Covid 19 then finally some good news for a lucky club

Harry Redknapp is interested in buying a club 😂😂

3tbdsj.jpg

Â