Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

Pep Guardiolas mom has died from Covid-19 :(

Sure they'll be super pumped to get the season started again, focus on the important stuff...

Edited by sne
  • Sad 1

The football stuff has been mentioned because Liverpool seem happy to furlough Joe Bloggs who works in the ticket office on £18k per year but will still pay Carlos Kickaball £100k per week.

Now its not down to the Government to point it out but Liverpool (and others) should accept its not a good look from the outside. 

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Them, and nearly every other football club in the UK.

The house of cards football economy

I think this could seriously reset things. Lower wages, lower TV deals, etc.

28 minutes ago, Xela said:

The house of cards football economy

I think this could seriously reset things. Lower wages, lower TV deals, etc.

Would it lower ticket prices?

Football has been due a proper crash for a while, has been coming

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Would it lower ticket prices?

Football has been due a proper crash for a while, has been coming

Its supply and demand. if stadiums are half empty they would be forced to do so. 

41 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Its supply and demand. if stadiums are half empty they would be forced to do so. 

Yes, us fans only have ourselves to blame. Like any product for sale, the supplier will sell it for as much as they can get away with.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

The football stuff has been mentioned because Liverpool seem happy to furlough Joe Bloggs who works in the ticket office on £18k per year but will still pay Carlos Kickaball £100k per week.

Now its not down to the Government to point it out but Liverpool (and others) should accept its not a good look from the outside. 

Ultimately the problem is that Joe Bloggs can be replaced by almost literally anyone, whereas Carlos Kickaball is extremely difficult and expensive to replace. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8192497/Coronavirus-UK-Danny-Rose-sends-hundreds-pizzas-London-hospital-19K-donation.html#comments

Danny Rose has shown additional support to the NHS just days after being revealed as the mystery donor of a £19,000 donation to a London hospital.

The Newcastle United left-back gave another helping hand to the North Middlesex University hospital by sending their staff 'hundreds' of takeaway pizzas.

The NHS is currently under incredible stress due to the coronavirus outbreak in the UK and thanked the Newcastle loanee over social media for his thoughtful gesture.

The hospital based in Enfield tweeted: #ThankYou Danny Rose for the hundreds of pizzas arriving for #TeamNorthMid #NHS'. They had treated Rose for an injury during his time at Tottenham. 

The act of generosity came after the 29-year-old said that he has 'no problem whatsoever' donating as much of his wages as necessary to fight the coronavirus outbreak. 

'We're all keen to make something happen,' Rose told BBC Radio 5 Live.

'I can only speak for myself but I would have no problems whatsoever contributing any of my wages to people who are fighting this on the front line and to people who have been affected by what's happening at the minute.'

Discussions are ongoing regarding all Premier League players taking a 30% wage cut during the pandemic. 

Rose added: 'We sort of feel that our backs are against the wall. Conversations were being had before people outside of football were commenting.' 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Â