Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Read a comment from that dude you got in charge of your take on this situation... he said it was dangerous keeping kids out of the school etc. Norwegian journalist asked why they let people go to bars, hairdressers etc. and he countered that the research showed that's not where people get infected. People got infected in their homes. I'm not even sure where to start with his reasoning lol 

He is contradicting himself time and time again, and when questioned about it he just says that at the time he was not wrong.

Stockholm is quickly getting out of hand. They have implemented a war doctrine at hospitals as of today meaning that hospital staff gets extra salary. But no need to worry apparently...

Andros Townsend makes a good point that footballers are been vilified by some politicians when wasnt them that cut back NHS funding. 

I genuinely think footballers like other athletes are good guys and doing the right thing but they are an easy target. Is other people in football dodgier

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Andros Townsend makes a good point that footballers are been vilified by some politicians when wasnt them that cut back NHS funding. 

I don't know, that's weak.

"I didn't do anything because you were bad"

I'm not sure that's a good argument.

5 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Footballing blackmail. Shameless, craven, but totally expected.

Given how the champions league needs big teams in it make money it makes no sense in UEFA banning clubs from participating if the league's aren't finished

If the prem, la liga, bundesliga, ligue 1 were banned would UEFA then turn to the league's who finished the domestic season

I'll certainly be buying a sports package to watch a team from Moldova v a team from Azerbaijan 

13 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Well I dont think he is saying not to give money but it seems footballers are being made the bad guys in this by politicians. 

I haven't heard one player saying football should continue or players won't take a pay cut. 

46 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It's going to be cancelled. The closest confirmation we've had so far. The government isn't going to greenlight this anytime soon.

you dont understand the greed of the Premier League, they will play the games in Guam or Mars if they have too. scumbags

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I genuinely think footballers like other athletes are good guys and doing the right thing but they are an easy target. Is other people in football dodgier

saw something from one of the big journos yesterday but cant remember which

3.6 million millionaires in the UK, 512 of them are footballers, guess who is grabbing the headlines for not giving all their wealth away?

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

I think this is a real misreading of the point.

Footballers pay a monstrous amount of tax, and the Tories chose not to properly fund the NHS using that money.

Blaming footballers here is such a distraction and it's working.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

saw something from one of the big journos yesterday but cant remember which

3.6 million millionaires in the UK, 512 of them are footballers, guess who is grabbing the headlines for not giving all their wealth away?

there is no possible way that only 512 footballers in the uk are millionaires. Sure they might not have a million quid in the bank but there will be very few/no premier league players getting paid less than a million a year and plenty down the lower leagues getting more than that too. What qualifies you as a millionaire? A player on 10 grand per week on a 4 year contract is earning over 2 million in that time

Also i would strongly question there being 3.6 million millionaires in the UK, That surely can't be anywhere near right. That's pretty much 1 in every 16 people.

Edited by LakotaDakota

1 minute ago, LakotaDakota said:

there is no possible way that only 512 footballers in the uk are millionaires. Sure they might not have a million quid in the bank but there will be very few/no premier league players getting paid less than a million a year and plenty down the lower leagues getting more than that too

Isn't that how one is considered to be a millionaire?

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Isn't that how one is considered to be a millionaire?

no idea, is it? Isn't is mainly based on assets rather than actual cash? sure plenty of them will have reasonable houses/investments etc & how about a guaranteed contract covering that next 3/4 years that has you earning 1/2/3/4/5+ million?

Edited by LakotaDakota

8 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

no idea, is it? how about a guaranteed contract covering that next 3/4 years that has you earning 1/2/3/4/5+ million?

Could be both really, not sure. I always thought it was having a net worth of at least 1 million that qualified you for being considered a millionaire.

20 teams with 25 players each is only 500 players and the likes of Davis in our 25 wont be a millionaire 

The 3.6m was from the BBC is 2018, classed as households and includes cash, assets and property value less mortgage

Said before just cos a footballer earns £5m a year doesn't mean he hasn't got a mortgage 

1 hour ago, StewieGriffin said:

£20m to the NHS and £125m between the EFL and NL...

Surely the gap between the two payments shouldn't be so huge? £1m per club to the NHS and £6.25m to The Football Family (blergh) seems a bit... I dunno... insular?

NHS is obviously more important but government needs to secure that. Not hope the top football league who happen to be rich will gift them money.

This is massive this announcement. It's the PL solving one problem by allowing EFL clubs to run behind closed doors.

They're going to push so hard to try finish this. Wouldn't be surprised if they say we're carrying on even if someone, a player even, gets ill. Test the rest of the club and if they can continue, do so.

Â