Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

6 hours ago, PaulC said:

I don’t honestly know how sky sports can carry on at the moment. No-one surely wants to watch old re-runs and carragher and Neville have their rants. Are they suspending charging people fir their subscriptions. I cancelled nowtv. 

Gary Neville saying he has closed his hotel. It sickens me how wealthy these people are. Half of me wants the Premier League to go bust and sky too 

They can always show Kabaddi 😂

Swedish Bandyball finals for men and women is played today. It's usually a great spectacle in front of a packed stadium but obviously not this year.

No entirely empty stadium thou.

640@60.jpg640@60.jpg

This is interesting, Highland League have decided to award the league to Brora Rangers and end the season. A precedent has been set...

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/highland-league/2091061/brora-rangers-named-highland-league-champions-as-clubs-declare-season-over/

Brora Rangers have been crowned Highland League champions after clubs agreed to end the 2019-20 season early.

A meeting of member clubs today concluded that the season officially finished when it was suspended on March 13.

43 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Takes me back to the days of Saturday morning watching Trans World Sport.

I watched with excitement to see some football as it was always in the advert but it was always something random like a North Korean table tennis star or an Andorran surfboarder 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, PaulC said:

Gary Neville saying he has closed his hotel. It sickens me how wealthy these people are. Half of me wants the Premier League to go bust and sky too 

Why? Does the wealth that movie stars accumulate sicken you too? I take no issue with professional footballers making a lot of money, especially the dedicated players like Neville who weren't especially naturally talented but worked hard to get there. It's a short career after-all. They're dedicated professionals playing at the top level of a professional sport. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Why? Does the wealth that movie stars accumulate sicken you too? I take no issue with professional footballers making a lot of money, especially the dedicated players like Neville who weren't especially naturally talented but worked hard to get there. It's a short career after-all. They're dedicated professionals playing at the top level of a professional sport. 

Think Neville said he would be paying his staff as well compared to other businesses. 

FWIW Neville while had a great career and player probably never got more than 50/60k a week in his prime which is peanuts compared to now

18 hours ago, PaulC said:

I don’t honestly know how sky sports can carry on at the moment. No-one surely wants to watch old re-runs and carragher and Neville have their rants. Are they suspending charging people fir their subscriptions. I cancelled nowtv. 

The players are paupers compared with the billionaire owners who pay their wages. 

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Darren Farley has never been funny

That first video he ever did, filmed on someone's phone in a shop was funny. Everything else has been shit.

Fair play to him for making a career out of it though.

4 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

This is interesting, Highland League have decided to award the league to Brora Rangers and end the season. A precedent has been set...

No precedent as the Premier League governs itself I believe? 

What I would do - award Liverpool the title if Man City agree to it (only club that can catch Liverpool I believe) and cancel relegation. 

Difficulty is the euro places. Not sure how that is sorted out. 

Real Madrids former president Lorenzo Sanz (76) has died as a result of corona virus, His son has tweeted this :

Rought translation : My father just passed away. He didn't deserve this ending and like this. One of the nicest, bravest, hard-working people I've ever seen. His family and Real Madrid were his passion. My mother and brothers have enjoyed all their moments with pride DEP.

He was Reals president when we were over there playing Atletico in the late 90's

Edited by LakotaDakota

50 minutes ago, Xela said:

What I would do - award Liverpool the title if Man City agree to it (only club that can catch Liverpool I believe) and cancel relegation. 

Even though it's obvious Liverpool would have won it, I find it a bit weird to give the title to a team who hasn't actually won it yet.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Real Madrids former president Lorenzo Sanz (76) has died as a result of corona virus, His son has tweeted this :

Rought translation : My father just passed away. He didn't deserve this ending and like this. One of the nicest, bravest, hard-working people I've ever seen. His family and Real Madrid were his passion. My mother and brothers have enjoyed all their moments with pride DEP.

He was Reals president when we were over there playing Atletico in the late 90's

I remember his son Fernando was actually linked with us a long time ago maybe under Gregory. Michel Salgado is his son in law

2 hours ago, Xela said:

In reality, Villa should go to Europe with Man City punishment. We're the only considered runner-ups this season (with a champion that can't play). I think we deserve we Europa League spot for that if the season was voided.

I agree about the other euro places though. It's really hard call.

But in reality, giving a place for Villa is much fair than giving it to Arsenal because of last season table. It's even much fair than giving it to the current 7th as the league didn't finish and most likely going to be voided.

The league cup is the only competetion that has been completed. It should have the priority.

• Like 1

Â