Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

Great news everyone, the Vyssjaja Liga in Belarus kicked off last night with 2 games. Big surprise as Energetik won 3-1 at home against Bate Borisov.

Reigning champs Dinamo Brest play later today so call your local provider so you don't miss out on the action.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, sne said:

Great news everyone, the Vyssjaja Liga in Belarus kicked off last night with 2 games. Big surprise as Energetik won 3-1 at home against Bate Borisov.

Reigning champs Dinamo Brest play later today so call your local provider so you don't miss out on the action.

Didn't know that

BATE were definitely one for the games gone CL money ruining football stuff, won the league 13 years in a row

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Didn't know that

BATE were definitely one for the games gone CL money ruining football stuff, won the league 13 years in a row

Me neither, read it today. Apparently they've won the domestic cup in both 17 & 18 so I'm thinking they might have had some new owners pumping in money or something?

They also had Maradona in some sort of role at the club :D 

Edited by sne

10 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Again this morning on Sky talking about football starting up on April 30th, talking about money too....do they have no shame? Have they not seen the news about a global pandemic? Propaganda! 

Think they have absolutely zero to talk about

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Think they have absolutely zero to talk about

Yep same as talksport! 

I would love it if some tv company ran the whole of 1982 World Cup as it happened full matches then 1986 and 1990 that would keep me entertained for 3 months!  Want the original commentaries though non of this added on fake bullshit!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Yep same as talksport! 

I would love it if some tv company ran the whole of 1982 World Cup as it happened full matches then 1986 and 1990 that would keep me entertained for 3 months!  Want the original commentaries though non of this added on fake bullshit!

You don't want Martin Tyler doing his stupid AGUEROOOOO voice for every big moment of last 2 decades 😂

• Haha 1

The S.A.G.E. Report states that to combat Cronavirus a mix of hard and soft isolation and social distancing is recommended for upto a year, with hard isolation for half a year and soft isolation for the other half.

With this in mind I will be amazed if the premier league goes ahead in 12 weeks (the current government top isolation period) let alone end of April.

11 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

The S.A.G.E. Report states that to combat Cronavirus a mix of hard and soft isolation and social distancing is recommended for upto a year, with hard isolation for half a year and soft isolation for the other half.

With this in mind I will be amazed if the premier league goes ahead in 12 weeks (the current government top isolation period) let alone end of April.

Are they an authority on the subject. The Chinse league is starting again in April

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Are they an authority on the subject. The Chinse league is starting again in April

They are a government advisory group - Scientific Advisory Group for Engineering. C hina also claims they've no new cases hence why their league is opening up, if only to make a public showing that they've beaten the virus, which I doubt as every other medical expert is saying that this virus will return again this year. But then again they did try and quash this virus for 3 months, arrest doctors who spoke about it, pressurised doctors to destroy records and evidence of the virus, so I wouldn't read too much in China being the bastions of moral ground.

16 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

They are a government advisory group - Scientific Advisory Group for Engineering. C hina also claims they've no new cases hence why their league is opening up, if only to make a public showing that they've beaten the virus, which I doubt as every other medical expert is saying that this virus will return again this year. But then again they did try and quash this virus for 3 months, arrest doctors who spoke about it, pressurised doctors to destroy records and evidence of the virus, so I wouldn't read too much in China being the bastions of moral ground.

Yep South Korea managed to conquer it a lot quicker. But obviously too late for us to do what they did. 

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yep South Korea managed to conquer it a lot quicker. But obviously too late for us to do what they did. 

Yeah, their societies are structured to be more of the collective so decision making and action is more swift. European and western societies are far more committee based and as such proactivity is more ladened.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, PaulC said:

It probably wont as rumour is a foreign player has contracted corona. So another isolation for the squad 

6 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Yeah, their societies are structured to be more of the collective so decision making and action is more swift. European and western societies are far more committee based and as such proactivity is more ladened.

Yes I am just hoping that 12 weeks will break the back of it. But when you think that a vaccine is going to be 12/18 months away its going to be with us a long long time. In the early days all the concern was for the Brits being stuck in china when we should have taken it more seriously and had quaranteen measures in place. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Charlie Austin says he picked it up at Cheltenham

He tested negative according to the baggies. Though I wouldn't be surprised if he had picked something up. I went on first day and a few of the lads I went with and myself have had symptoms since, sore throat, no energy, pounding head, back and lower back pain, arms aching like hell, cough, sneezing. Felt like crap until this evening where I feel half human, but nothing but that winter cold feeling tbh.

43 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

He tested negative according to the baggies. Though I wouldn't be surprised if he had picked something up. Bilston is a real shit hole

I don’t honestly know how sky sports can carry on at the moment. No-one surely wants to watch old re-runs and carragher and Neville have their rants. Are they suspending charging people fir their subscriptions. I cancelled nowtv. 

Gary Neville saying he has closed his hotel. It sickens me how wealthy these people are. Half of me wants the Premier League to go bust and sky too 

• Like 1

Â