Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

They rwally are running out of stuff to talk about on ts. They doung a quiz for alan brazil and talking about game of thrones. Great show 👎

Yes i sometimes listen on the way home from work (early hours often) & they were doing some quiz which they seemed to find hilarious but tbh was very dull for the listener. They do run an ok one on a Saturday night though, again early hours where they have callers pick a number & guess the age of whichever celebrity is revealed, the guys on there are very listenable i like them but some others have me reaching for the change channel button.

As it happens at Wembley pre-game against Man CIty i was walking up Wembley way with my 12 year old daughter when a lady suddenly appeared in front of me and asked if we had a minute for a chat, i honestly thought she was from one of those electric/gas companies and was going to try & pitch me or sell me something so i brushed her aside and just said "no thanks". As we were walking away she then said "it's TalkSport radio do you want to answer a couple of questions?".. Which i would have done but all i could think of was "she's gonna ask what the score will be" & i really didn't want to go on national radio & say we'd likely lose so i just said "no thanks love".

Edited by danceoftheshamen

People are sick and dying, others about to lose jobs. Even in a football sense smaller community clubs will go out of business. 

Continuing to play will show what football authorities really thinks of the fans. 

Now La Liga are demanding every player is tested FFS, more important use of resources and thankfully some clubs have declined

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

People are sick and dying, others about to lose jobs. Even in a football sense smaller community clubs will go out of business. 

Continuing to play will show what football authorities really thinks of the fans. 

Now La Liga are demanding every player is tested FFS, more important use of resources and thankfully some clubs have declined

We dont agree on a lot of things but i cant agree with you on this more 

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Why cant they debate things like have biggest rivalry in england

They can't do that without obviously being on the wind up, same with the big club debate

They could do a country by country thing, stories like that from dortmund and that from spain

Unfortunately I just don't think the interest is there both in terms of everyone talking about the virus and talking about non PL football

I'd like them to do like a golden years type thing, pick a year (not just the PL) and then focus on stories from that year, make a day of it with all the different presenters giving different spins on it, if it's say 86 then cover the English season, European football and Maradona 

Or do 1990 and talk about Liverpool winning the league, villa 2nd, Graham Taylor, sanchez 38 one touch goals, cruyff barca and the world cup

You can a whole day maybe more talking about each year 

Edited by villa4europe

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The thing is for me that even if the virus is flattening out, there will still be people at risk. And having football matches earlier than ideal would still put them more at risk. Whether the FA likes it or not having football matches even behind doors will be an extra risk towards spreading it. Not only because of the participants, but it involves transport, catering and a whole lot of other measures and meetings. It seems beyond ignorant and irresponsible to push it through because you absolutely want things to finish up. 

And this isn't about Villa for me. I think there's more important stuff like people dying or the world economy to think of. 

Ironically everyone are concerned about people dying, but every year in recession there's 5-10 k people dying of suicides alone. That's before taking into account those in poverty. 

4 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I haven't followed this the last few days, but is it today there's supposed to be a decision? 

Only decision will be to delay further until May (even then it's very remote). Just about kicking can down the road for a few more weeks.

Mid may will be when things have to be decided I think and U.K will probably be in peak then so will be very insensitive to give go ahead again to Football with high number of deaths.

Perhaps we might get something in July and domestic season being wrapped up by mid August. Then you have overlap into next season and of course everything could well then have to stop again once winter hits.

Football (and life) going to be massively disrupted for next 12 months really.

Sheffield United playing a closed door friendly with Rotherham today apparently. :lol:

I know Wilder dosen't want them to lose momentum but that's a bit OTT. Can only guess they did it assuming football would start again in early April.

It’s really becoming a much larger theatre of the grotesque greed that embodies the modern game. Hundreds died in Italy yesterday. And they still want to continue. There is no easy solution to anything in this current climate. Cancelling the season to me remains the only viable alternative. 

• Like 3

no discussions on null and voiding it

no discussions on trickling money down to the EFL

sounds like plenty of the meetings I have at work....what did they actually do?? pushed the return date out to the 30th and then scrapped the deadline for ending the season, took them a week to cook that up?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Yes i sometimes listen on the way home from work (early hours often) & they were doing some quiz which they seemed to find hilarious but tbh was very dull for the listener. They do run an ok one on a Saturday night though, again early hours where they have callers pick a number & guess the age of whichever celebrity is revealed, the guys on there are very listenable i like them but some others have me reaching for the change channel button.

As it happens at Wembley pre-game against Man CIty i was walking up Wembley way with my 12 year old daughter when a lady suddenly appeared in front of me and asked if we had a minute for a chat, i honestly thought she was from one of those electric/gas companies and was going to try & pitch me or sell me something so i brushed her aside and just said "no thanks". As we were walking away she then said "it's TalkSport radio do you want to answer a couple of questions?".. Which i would have done but all i could think of was "she's gonna ask what the score will be" & i really didn't want to go on national radio & say we'd likely lose so i just said "no thanks love".

Yeah but...did she have a nice arse?

• Haha 1

Â