Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Regarding contracts it should be simple to solve. You play for your existing club until this season ends and then you join your new club. 

Just gotta hope that all countries agree on the same dates and that any injury happening to a player playing for his old club when already on contract for his new club is covered by someone.

So who should cover the increased wages for a player who's signed a big new contract with a new club while he is playing for his old club even thou the new contract has started?

I'm guessing a lot of players and agents won't be fine with missing out on £££.££££ /week. Player union will go bonkers.

Nothing when it comes to this will be simple, regardless of what solution they choose.

20 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Regarding contracts it should be simple to solve. You play for your existing club until this season ends and then you join your new club. 

Illegal restraint of trade.

32 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes I do.  Get the thing finished. Have a sky feast of football 

So you want Villa to not play for 3 months then play 10 games in 14 days for a Sky feast of football. The same feast of football that Gary Neville has said, who you also criticized him a few pages back because Sky was paying him big money 🤔

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

I sense that most people on here who want the season voided is about self interest. If villa stay up just because the season is voided it’s just fake. I want us to finish the season and stay up because we deserve to. Finish the season in a time period of 14 days. It’s the same for every team 

lol. 

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

My suggestion for the owners of TalkSport would be to fire all of their presenters, play elevator music for a week or two, and then wait to see if anybody writes in to ask for any of them back.

keep hawksbee & jacobs. Enjoy their show but that's all i listen to on there now

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

I sense that most people on here who want the season voided is about self interest. If villa stay up just because the season is voided it’s just fake. I want us to finish the season and stay up because we deserve to. Finish the season in a time period of 14 days. It’s the same for every team 

Wat

Also, it isn't because teams have a different number of games remaining.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PaulC said:

As long as the decision is on the same line in terms of fighting Corona, I can’t see any ethical problem in wanting the season finished. We’re humans and we’d like to have some luck to get through things. 

Yes if we were doing something for our benefit which would harm people I’d say yes it’s being selfish. But if the whole circumstances benefited us I’d even push foe it. 

I don’t care if we deserved to stay up or got saved by not completing the season, the goal is to get another chance and begin again.

I think with the new government measures which have put in place today, and not before time, people are going to bored out of their minds . So if it’s possible to finish the season in the summer, even with empty grounds, if of course it’s safe for the players and others involved, it will be good for the morale of the people to do this. 

I am not looking at things from a parochial point of view. There’s a bigger picture here

Interesting piece in Italian paper Corriere dello sport with an interview with an Italian Immunologist.

He talks about the Atalanta - Valencia game, how to move forward and how it's extremely unlikely to start playing anytime soon.

Italy of course so far worse off than England

Is playing in June realistic?
«I doubt very strongly. A context as socially aggregating and empathetic as football is the antithesis of the behaviors that must be had in the social emergency of a virus. A threat by definition ».

If empathic aggregations are a fundamental contagion factor, are we faced with a collective illusion of the football institutions, when do they imagine to start again by June?
«China docet. It takes certainties. Which means a true stabilization before starting again. It is very probable that the virus circulates in a reduced way between now and autumn. After that there may be a resumption of viral activity. We are obviously reasoning by hypothesis ».

There is no need to be optimistic ...
«As for diffusibility, no. This virus will continue to spread. We, thanks also to having studied what is happening in the north, have reduced it to the minimum terms, but it is not enough to return to the reality of before. From here to the next few months we have to reorganize ourselves in a different way ».

So the green light to aggregations before the end of the year is very unlikely?
«Of the sports ones in particular. Also because, if the virus goes down in Italy, the tendency is to grow in France, Germany, Spain and England. All nations that play a central role in international competitions ».

The risk is the collapse of the system. Playing behind closed doors to avoid it?
"It could be a solution".

https://www.corrieredellosport.it/news/calcio/2020/03/19-68010146/coronavirus_limmunologo_atalanta-valencia_partita_zero/

14 hours ago, PaulC said:

What club will spend £50 - 100 million on a player, then allow him to play 10 matches for a new club, risking injury. 

Zero. 

• Like 1

Footballers aren't immune from the virus, none of us are, hence the measures. Do Sky and the FA want blood on their hands if by forcing games a footballer, member of the public, or staff dies? The scenario is not impossible, younger people with no previous issues have died from this virus. It's not a huge leap to imagine a scenario where this happens given the current growth of it. It will temper but we are weeks from that as it stands.

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Footballers aren't immune from the virus, none of us are, hence the measures. Do Sky and the FA want blood on their hands if by forcing games a footballer, member of the public, or staff dies? The scenario is not impossible, younger people with no previous issues have died from this virus. It's not a huge leap to imagine a scenario where this happens given the current growth of it. It will temper but we are weeks from that as it stands.

Not just footballers either, the TV production wont set itself up, groundsmen, catering, medical staff etc. Looking at up to 100 non playing staff per game

Its very different than a stadium being closed for racist abuse

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

What club will spend £50 - 100 million on a player, then allow him to play 10 matches for a new club, risking injury. 

Zero. 

Contracts will be made subject to the season finishing. There’s got to be some compromise here . If the season is voided there will be so many law suits made by clubs who have been hard done to 

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Contracts will be made subject to the season finishing. There’s got to be some compromise here . If the season is voided there will be so many law suits made by clubs who have been hard done to 

Players cant be forced to stay at a club past the contract. Governing bodies have been embarrassed in court many times by trying force players to stay at a club

We are absolutely finishing this season unless some sort of UN law is made to stop people all suing each other.

If the next match played is September it will be from the 2019-20 season.

• Like 1

Â