Favourite Villa Pics

dont_do_it_doug.

10 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

As part of our work for AVPG we have been researching old Villa pics, from all eras. Here are a few of my favourite Villa moments/eras/players captured on camera

I only started following the club in 1992 by the way, so they are all Premier League I'm afraid!

Dalian-Atkinson-and-Co-celebrate_zpskhb7

Dwight-Yorke_zpstgsfoefs.jpg

Merson_zpsdx93foce.jpg

Dion%20Dublin_zpsg9tm19xk.jpg

Jusan%20Pablo%20Angel_zpsj8i8d3rz.jpg

Ashley%20Young_zpsbl3u15cv.jpg

John-Carew_zpspzrdw9oa.jpg

OlofMellberg_zpsehevrd6d.jpg

Those are great pics DDID and bring back some fantastic times!  I am especially fond of the Laursen/Young pic from Everton away - going from despair to complete celebration. Great games and times thanks.  Can I just ask as you have me intrigued now, why did you only start following the club from1992?  Sorry if you have explained this previously.

Just now, ferguson1 said:

Those are great pics DDID and bring back some fantastic times!  I am especially fond of the Laursen/Young pic from Everton away - going from despair to complete celebration. Great games and times thanks.  Can I just ask as you have me intrigued now, why did you only start following the club from1992?  Sorry if you have explained this previously.

Age. 

I was 9 at the time. Which granted is still a bit late but I don't come from a football family *really*. Though my granddads supported Villa and Blues respectively they had a pact between them not to push me either way, which the stuck to. My dad is Villa now because of me (flip reversed that one) and my sister is a ST holder. 

• Like 1

Good to get your dad to flip, not easy that one!  Only my dad supports the club in my family, unfortunately I have Wolves and West Brom influences all around me!!

Edited by ferguson1

6 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

image.jpeg

That goal was from about 60 yard 13 years ago I'm sure of it! 

I was watching Goal of The Season from 92/93 earlier, this one didn't make it in because I *think* it was in the same month as the 157 pass move finished off by Yorke Vs Sheffield Wednesday at Villa Park. Which was also my first game by the way. It was scored in the 3rd minute. 

• Like 1

Â