Favourite Villa Pics

dont_do_it_doug.

On 21/03/2020 at 17:24, The Fun Factory said:

Merse is very complementary about  the Villa. I went to a evening with Paul Merson a few years back and you can tell that Arsenal and Villa are the two clubs he most associates with himself. He lived in the birmingham area quite  a long time afterwards as well.  What a player on his day.

Yeah I did too and would say the same, he's a good talker with a lot of stories, I sat next to Gordon cowans during the meal too so that was a massive plus! 

From memory he talked about the gambling and drinking right from his first arsenal pay packet but someone asked when did you know it was a problem and he said he was watching other screens on soccer saturday rather than his own, his breaking point was he had a £250k bet on a team to win... And they were 3-0 down at half time... Whilst he's sat on live TV trying to talk about the match 

On 29/03/2020 at 12:25, S-Platt said:

Bang I lost the plot back right side of The Holte End after this hit the net!  What a night that was!

villa_kent_neilsen.jpg

His body language as the ball came to him almost seemed to say "well what the hell am I supposed to do with this then? Oh well may as well lash my foot at it" 

Edit - And having just watched it back on YouTube, what a typically sumptuous ball from Cowans in the build up. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

On 06/04/2020 at 22:11, Stratvillan said:

This is my favourite thread. Would love a coffee table book with 150 images from 150 years ( in a couple of years time!)

You could make one online, I recently made a 90 odd photo book for my wife for our anniversary, the quality was really good and it only cost £30 via Asda. There’s loads of quality Villa photos out there, I’m maybe tempted to make one myself now. 

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

You could make one online, I recently made a 90 odd photo book for my wife for our anniversary, the quality was really good and it only cost £30 via Asda. There’s loads of quality Villa photos out there, I’m maybe tempted to make one myself now. 

Lucky your wife is a Villa fan too.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Lucky your wife is a Villa fan too.

She is but not a proper one. I went for the wedding pic and places we’ve been theme to be safe. Though Villa Park did make an appearance in it. 

• Like 1

Â