• El Ghazi
    • Samatta
    • Trézéguet (El Ghazi 68)
    • Hourihane (Elmohamady 68)
    • Davis (Samatta 79)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/03/20 at 23:59

Just now, sidcow said:

Weren't well supposed to be lambs to the slaughter and lose by a cricket score? Undone by dodgy officials for a corner that should never have been and so easily could have had an equaliser without a couple of minutes later. 

Our superb and brave performance must be devestating for some of the lads on here. 

Still I expect there will still be trolling of the most sad and frankly ambarssing kind. 

Mate I respect the performance, but if they ain't doing it in the League, which comon guys is much more important than a Wembely visit, then I can see peoples frustrations.

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We must have watched a different game.

To me it felt like a training game for City. Them playing in 1st gear.

Felt like the whole game was played in our half. We barely had any attempts and just kicked the ball away wherever we got hold of it.

I have to agree with this, I didn’t see much of a fight and we only ever looked adventurous when it was too late with minutes to go. Were 1 goal down in a final and we allowed city to spray it around like they were in a pre season training camp. 

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We must have watched a different game.

To me it felt like a training game for City. Them playing in 1st gear.

Felt like the whole game was played in our half. We barely had any attempts and just kicked the ball away wherever we got hold of it.

Couldnt agree more. There is some serious delusion in this thread.

It's such a shame that we get to our first League Cup final in 10 years, we put in a spirited performance and some just want to troll and put the team down.

Don't call yourself fans lads.

• Like 4

2 things to note:

1. It was a good formation and teams will struggle to beat us with this. We should play this till end of season.

2. It's sad how little man city care about this. 

1 minute ago, nokesy said:

I have to agree with this, I didn’t see much of a fight and we only ever looked adventurous when it was too late with minutes to go. Were 1 goal down in a final and we allowed city to spray it around like they were in a pre season training camp. 

Oh i saw fight. I agree with everyone there, but i couldn't see a plan.

Whenever we got hold off the ball we just gave it straight back to them.

Apart from some hoofing towards the end City were never in any trouble.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Mate I respect the performance, but if they ain't doing it in the League, which comon guys is much more important than a Wembely visit, then I can see peoples frustrations.

I’ll take Wembley visits over dreaming of sitting in midtable any time. But anyway, you’re right that all that matters for the next few months is the league.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nokesy said:

I think we didn’t have a lot of choice about ‘allowing’ them to do this because they are arguably the very best players in the whole world. We can all agree we want more fight in the league but there probably isn’t a team in our entire illustrious history as good as this City team. Sometimes you have to just suck it up and stay compact - we did that well today, which is a step forward on recent weeks.

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

We can all agree we want more fight in the league but there probably isn’t a team in our entire illustrious history as good as this City team.

Yet they are 22 points behind Liverpool and lost 6 games this season

3 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I think we didn’t have a lot of choice about ‘allowing’ them to do this because they are arguably the very best players in the whole world. We can all agree we want more fight in the league but there probably isn’t a team in our entire illustrious history as good as this City team. Sometimes you have to just suck it up and stay compact - we did that well today, which is a step forward on recent weeks.

A step forward from Southampton yes most definitely but we could have done more today after keeping it within one goal I expect a little more drive in an attacking sense 

6 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I’ll take Wembley visits over dreaming of sitting in midtable any time. But anyway, you’re right that all that matters for the next few months is the league.

Yeah if ya winning emm chap.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Yeah if ya winning emm chap.

Of course that helps, and I’m sad to have lost and hope (and think Smith must ensure) we take the fight into the league, but I disagree with the sentiment of “the cups don’t matter, all that matters is to be suckling on the PL money teat” that prevails in modern football. 

Proud of them today, a few gripes but they gave a good showing otherwise.  I was happier with four at the back despite ours fullbacks being pulled pillar to post but that’s what City do so well, other teams won’t.  

Need to do this type of performance now in the league again.

2 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Nakambas tackle was not a foul, another joke decision

He got the ball but to be fair if Aguero’s leg is planted his season’s over - not a million miles from the foul that put Wesley out. But not a red I don’t think as Nakamba was in some control. I thought a yellow was about right. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

He got the ball but to be fair if Aguero’s leg is planted his season’s over - not a million miles from the foul that put Wesley out. But not a red I don’t think as Nakamba was in some control. I thought a yellow was about right. 

That wasn’t a foul and definitely not a card

• Like 1

Â