• El Ghazi
    • Samatta
    • Trézéguet (El Ghazi 68)
    • Hourihane (Elmohamady 68)
    • Davis (Samatta 79)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/03/20 at 23:59

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Luiz MotM for me. Most up for it. Lot of our good stuff went through him. Samatta Nakamba Mings Engels Guilbert Nyland all did well. Grealish completely anonymous. Trez and Hourihane nothing footballers in their short appearances

I honestly believed that Guilbert was the worst player on the pitch. He offers very little at either end. I agree with the others though. Particularly second half. City are just too good unfortunately 

Voted nakamba mom grew 2and half and did what I'd hoped he would do every week.

Elmo did his job, as did el ghazi 

Oh for that header by engels who played well.

Samatta should have stayed on I think, hes a finisher, you dont take finishers off when you need a goal.

Louiz ? Big fat (player) nope yet again, either passing it back when no need to or trying glory passes which today he had a 5% success rate. No energy, no foot in, trots around like hes at the end of his career and hes achieved something.  Getting to the point where I really cant stand him this season, lazy no team ethos no hard work and the least no contact cm I've ever seen. Tony Morley put more into a challenge than he does.

Didn't embarrass ourselves and if we'd had a competent combative midfielder along side nakamba then this season would possibly not have been the train wreck it's become.

The amount of work our defence and most of the midfielders put in , they will need a couple days off to recover.

A midfield bully and a pacey wide play and a big powerful none bottling forward and we would have a decent team.

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

I honestly believed that Guilbert was the worst player on the pitch. He offers very little at either end. I agree with the others though. Particularly second half. City are just too good unfortunately 

He had Sterling in his pocket most of the game

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Jack looks devastated. What a way to finish his Villa career it would've been to win us a cup and keep us up.

As good as he has been all season he was limited in his contribution today.

Good afternoon. I enjoyed that much more than our last match against Man C.

Much of the game was played in our half and we defended pretty well.

Great to see Samatta score. SOOOO close to getting a second goal but it’s just wasn’t our day.

We can hold our heads up.

Now back to the grim struggle to stay in the premier league.

• Like 2

These commentators can f#ck right off. 

'Manchester City scored 2 and gifted villa one at the other end' 

The truth - 

Both teams scored one goal, the ref gave man City another one to make sure they won. 

• Like 2

Just now, Davkaus said:

To be honest, that's the first time in a couple of years that I'm really disappointed in Jack.

He doesn't have a lot of experience against players of that quality organised so well. He needs more playing time at that level to work out where to find the spaces and to know when he won't just be able to glide past a player etc.

A much closer contest than I expected it to be. You have to be a little proud of the fight we showed today, even if I’m not in the business of collecting honourable defeats. I’m gutted for the game to be decided by a goal that should never have been, yet prepared to concede that City deserved to win the game. 

You can only hope we can reproduce the performance levels and the fight in the league, against teams that are actually from this planet. That should give us the points we need to stay in the league. I think the formation change worked and would stick to it, and hope Jack isn’t carrying anything serious. 

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

I thought he did well, got right under Sterlings skin and had to compete against Sterling and Bernardo Silva. He’s not a world beater and he didn’t have a great game but he’s the kind of player I’ve wanted in a Villa shirt. I really like him. I think he had the potential to improve and be a good player for us, I hope he does because his personality and effort have been first rate. I don’t think he was particularly bad today

• Like 3

Very proud of Villa’s performance today particularly in the second half with City having to waste time by the end of the game.

Don’t think the players could have given much more although I was very disappointed in Grealish’s performance today. Foden outshone him.

Villa will need to show the same effort in a very difficult run in to stay in the Premier League with Grealish stepping up a lot more than he did today.

1 minute ago, richp999 said:

These commentators can f#ck right off. 

'Manchester City scored 2 and gifted villa one at the other end' 

The truth - 

Both teams scored one goal, the ref gave man City another one to make sure they won. 

Not totally fair. The ref only gifted them a corner. We gifted them the goal by failing to defend it competently.

God there are some glass half empty people here. Yes we were under the cosh for large periods, but we didnt give up. We should have defended the incorrect corner better and if it wasn't for the post we could have got extra time.

Plenty of fight shown today and I will be much more disappointed if they don't show that same fight in the league.

• Like 1

Â