• El Ghazi
    • Samatta
    • Trézéguet (El Ghazi 68)
    • Hourihane (Elmohamady 68)
    • Davis (Samatta 79)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/03/20 at 23:59

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Seeing videos again of some Villa fans fighting amongst themselves at Wembley. Absolute disgrace that before the game the club had to remind fans to behave, again. 

It is sad but I can see why people get wound up even just amongst fans on here and their constant negativity.  I'm not sure there will ever be a solution even if we were challenging for titles.  If you can't go to a cup final and come close to drawing with a team that is miles ahead of us and avoid being negative about it all, what's the point in going? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

It is sad but I can see why people get wound up even just amongst fans on here and their constant negativity.  I'm not sure there will ever be a solution even if we were challenging for titles.  If you can't go to a cup final and come close to drawing with a team that is miles ahead of us and avoid being negative about it all, what's the point in going? 

I guess its all alcohol fuelled. I saw lots of people getting on it at 9:30/10am for a 16:30 kickoff. Its all fun and games if we win.

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Seeing videos again of some Villa fans fighting amongst themselves at Wembley. Absolute disgrace that before the game the club had to remind fans to behave, again. 

Fighting each other on the train home too.  Public drunkenness is so much fun isn’t it?

• Sad 1

We were right close to the --"corner"  and it simply was,nt   Jack cannoned the ball against the Citeh player and it went out for a goal kick--Jack,s Tyrone,s and Targetts protests were arrogantly dismissed by Mason and his linesman!!!

• Villa were not disgraced and all can hold their heads high----but the league must take priority now!!! 

10 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

I thought Neville's performance yesterday was the most shocking. He's fuelling social media hysteria with some of the nonsense he's let spout. Yesterday, with Guilbert. Oh "He's snapped " No he didn't you fkn lemon. He pushed the ball into his chest. Keane trying to catch Sherarer by the throat..That's snapping!! He also tried to claim Targett left one in on Aguero with the shot that hit the side netting.

Gary Neville has always been shit at actually talking about live football and whats actually going on. With his little tools and 2 days to prepare Monday Night Football people thought he was a genius. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Gary Neville has always been shit at actually talking about live football and whats actually going on. With his little tools and 2 days to prepare Monday Night Football people thought he was a genius. 

I'm not even sure the monday night football stuff is his, i think its prepared for him.  If he had such great insight into the game his managerial career wouldn't have been such a farse.

• Like 1

On 01/03/2020 at 19:46, cyrusr said:

Perhaps when our team is bankrolled by dodgy oil money, is full of players that are earning more than our entire team combined and could probably walk into most, if not all teams in the premier league.

Until then, I’ll support my team when they try, when they put some effort in to go against the odd and keep trying to the final effort. Even if they concede 22 shots, only 4 were on target and villa had 3 on target, but will that ever be good enough for some fans? 

That is a significant point and part of the spirited performance.

Villa didn't take that predicted 5 or 6 goal beating after all. That is what so many outside B6 had expected to happen and it's what even some of us had, in our more pessimistic moments feared. A deflection and a wrongly awarded corner, is what actually gave our opponents the trophy. They not unexpectedly had the best of the game, but their fans (more about them later) probably didn't expect to be imploring the referee to blow his whistle at the end, nor to be thankful to the woodwork for preventing the game going into extra time. 

Our club was not embarrassed by a heavy defeat yesterday and our players can now concentrate on our next 11 cup finals and on winning 4 or more of them. Now to the fans, those in claret & blue sang with pride before, during and after the game. Those in light blue, who bothered to attend the final, were rather less supportive. They do after all, expect to win trophies and this one is a trophy that many of them have decided at best, to be indifferent about. They were either too young to recall what their team was like, before someone bought them a new one or have grown so used to winning, that they have chosen to forget what it was like to lose regularly back then. It must be embarrassing for those among them that have not forgotten Colin Bell, Rodney Marsh and Division Three, to hear their boys singing about their billions or not hearing them or seeing them not take up their allocation!

They may have lifted a trophy yesterday that they now think they're too big for, but we demonstrated beyond doubt that we have the best fans and that we still have respect for the game.

Edited by John
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

They were fighting at wembley against Arsenal too, when we was hammered 4-0 in the no show.

The way I see it, is this, you have 2 camps.....both love the club equally.

• One camp wants to see all the good and ignore the bad, for whatever reasons.
  • One camp wants to see all the good and accepts that as a given and wants to talk about the bad in an effort to get better.

The first camp don't want to hear it and thats when the second camp get frustrated and on top of a rake of pints........its a combination of frustration...bingo.

so it is arguable who the negative ones are?

Edited by TRO

4 minutes ago, John said:

Villa didn't take that predicted 5 or 6 goal beating after all. That is what so many outside B6 had expected to happen and it's what even some of us had, in our more pessimistic moments feared. A deflection and a wrongly awarded corner, is what actually gave our opponents the trophy. They not unexpectedly had the best of the game, but their fans (more about them later) probably didn't expect to be imploring the referee to blow his whistle at the end, nor to be thankful to the woodwork for preventing the game going into extra time. 

Our club was not embarrassed by a heavy defeat yesterday and our players can now concentrate on our next 11 cup finals and on winning 4 or more of them. Now to the fans, those in claret & blue sang with pride before, during and after the game. Those in the other end, who bothered to attend the final, were rather less supportive. They do after all, expect to win trophies and this one is a trophy that many of them have decided at best, to be indifferent about. They were either too young to recall what their team was like, before someone bought them a new one or have grown so used to winning, that they have chosen to forget what it was like to lose regularly back then. It must be embarrassing for those among them that have not forgotten Colin Bell, Rodney Marsh and Division Three, to hear their boys singing about their billions or not hearing them or seeing them not take up their allocation!

They may have lifted a trophy yesterday that they now think they're too big for, but we demonstrated beyond doubt that we have the best fans and that we still have respect for the game.

Well said John....I was one that was heartened by the closeness of the score line and only good fortune for them and a dodgy decision denied us...I was also pleased with the execution of our goal, a proper goal fit for a wembley final.

However, we seen a display of possession football and not for the first time, this season, that should be a benchmark for an ambitious club like ours to aim for.

We know, we came up against a better team, so now we know what we have to try and aspire to, moving forward.

• Like 1

The last 3 cup finals we have lost to a Fergie Manyew, a late period Wenger  Arsenal and now Pep's Citeh. It is hard winning a cup in the modern era, you have to beat one of the elite teams to lift silverwear. You just have to hope they have a shocker like Arsenal did to blues in 2011 or Citeh to Wigan in 2013 but they are few and far between.

Â