109 members have voted

1. 1. Match Prediction?

• Villa win in 90 mins
    • City win in 90 mins
    • Villa on penalties
    • City on penalties
    • Massacre

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/03/20 at 16:30

9 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Frank Lampard’s Derby County say hi. 

We smashed small heath 13-0 over three cup games in the same season.

It was great fun!

This match is the FFP final. 

10 years ago a newly promoted team in this position stood a chance. 20 years ago it could go either way.

The fact that City were given a FFP spending headstart before the door was shut on others is why a result is nearly impossible for a team like us. To compete we need to spend 300-400m.

"What about Sheffield United" isn't the answer either - they are a ripple in the water. 

Villa win. Not a problem. 

Villa come out onto the pitch and destroy Man City in the 1st half, leading 5-0. At half time the Man City team, so demoralised that they don't want to play any more, tear up their contracts and ask to sign for Villa for free. Villa then have 22 men against 0 and win 56-1 after each player trying to score from the half way line (Taylor own goal).

Easy 😎 

• Like 3

6-0 city. will actively avoid following the match as I can't be arsed watching games I think we have no chance of competing in. most of this season has been fine, but after the past few results I'm in '15/16 mode with regards to games like this. If there is a miracle I will enjoy the highlights. But otherwise, nah. I'll find something productive to do with my sunday instead :( 

• Like 1

I think they'll score a couple early and take the game away from us, which is probably the merciful thing to do.

I still have flashbacks of standing in a pub full of absolute word removed Arsenal supporters for our last crack at it, who were actively rubbing it in to the small band of Villa supporters who'd turned up. It was soul destroying and i'll have a chip on my shoulder about Arsenal fans for life over that. City fans are nowhere near that bad, but I don't think i'll go out for this one.

37 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I think they'll score a couple early and take the game away from us, which is probably the merciful thing to do.

I still have flashbacks of standing in a pub full of absolute word removed Arsenal supporters for our last crack at it, who were actively rubbing it in to the small band of Villa supporters who'd turned up. It was soul destroying and i'll have a chip on my shoulder about Arsenal fans for life over that. City fans are nowhere near that bad, but I don't think i'll go out for this one.

I hate Arsenal more for surrendering versus small heath. The fact the scum have actually won something more recently than us is something we have already had to put up with for 11 years, and there's probably a lot more to come.

Arsenal words removed.

On 26/02/2020 at 08:04, Talldarkandransome said:

2-1 Villa or 7-0 Citeh

It's a fine line

On 26/02/2020 at 08:20, Talldarkandransome said:

According to sky bet the odds are the same 50/1

A 'fun' (actually quite depressing) question to ponder is exactly how far down the league pyramid you'd have to go to find a side against whom we would be equally or more prohibitive favourites than City are against us. 

My guess is Bolton. 

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

A 'fun' (actually quite depressing) question to ponder is exactly how far down the league pyramid you'd have to go to find a side against whom we would be equally or more prohibitive favourites than City are against us. 

My guess is Bolton. 

Bolton - Evens. I don't think we'd be favourites. This would be a game shown on TV as an indication of how the mighty fall, yes, Bolton were quite good once!

40 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

6-3 to Man City, A brave effort by Villa but the shortcomings at the back prove just too much of a handicap and they repeat their 6 goal haul at Villa Park but a thriller of a game.

Obviously I want to win it. But if we are to lose then that sounds like a pretty exciting way to do it. As long as it wasn’t us 3-0 up at 65 mins... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

My guess is Bolton. 

I'd go for Bury

• Haha 1

Jack scores a 90th Minute winner and runs straight up to grab the trophy with Deano, forcing the rest of the squad to defend extra time with only 10 men on the pitch and no manager.

In all seriousness, 3-2 Villa. Because why the f*** not. Do you want to bet against us?

Our best chance is that they can’t get up for it mentally a few days after such a big game at Real Madrid. 

Other than that maybe a rumour before kick off that some of our players are being tested for Corona virus, that said we probably won’t get close enough to them for them to fear infection..

Anyway, 1-0 Villa, we’re overdue a clean sheet..

• Like 1

They’ll score early and we’ll spend most of the game chasing shadows. 

3 things we’ll hear during commentary 

“Villa just can’t seem to keep hold of the ball for more than a few seconds” 

“Grealish can’t get into the game and on the rare occasion he is on the ball, there aren’t many options on for him” 

“I don’t think Samatta has touched the ball in the 2nd half has he?” 

I just hope it’s not a total embarrassment. 

Â