Midweek Football 24/27 February

andykeenan

Dries Mertens became joint (along with Marek Hamsik) all time top scorer at Napoli after his goal tonight against Barcelona 121 goals in 310 games for them.

He could have equaled the record last week when they were awarded a penalty and with him being their regular penalty taker but he declined to take.

He did not want to take the record via a penalty as it felt unworthy :D  

Did it tonight instead by curling a shot into the top corner against Barcelona in the CL. Gotta love that!

Edited by sne
  • Like 3

Almost got a bit worried that Lewandowski would not score tonight, silly me.

That's 11 goals in 6 games for him this season in the PL. He has scored in all 6 games. (he was rested for the final game of the group stage)

Just now, sne said:

Almost got a bit worried that Lewandowski would not score tonight, silly me.

That's 11 goals in 6 games for him this season in the PL. He has scored in all 6 games. (he was rested for the final game of the group stage)

And he created the two goals for Gnabry. 

Season of his life, and that's saying something.

What's the record for most CL goals in one season?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

And he created the two goals for Gnabry. 

Season of his life, and that's saying something.

What's the record for most CL goals in one season?

He has played 33 games this season, failed to scored in 7 of them.

39 goals in 33 games.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Also Tammy looking out of his depth at this level :( 

Was about to say the same, not just his touch but I think his liveliness and anticipation looks off too

Chelsea look shit, Abraham off the bench definitely doesnt look the answer, compare him to Pedro and Willian for example (Willian is still Chelsea best player by a distance) 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

Was about to say the same, not just his touch but I think his liveliness and anticipation looks off too

Chelsea look shit, Abraham off the bench definitely doesnt look the answer, compare him to Pedro and Willian for example (Willian is still Chelsea best player by a distance) 

There were 2 crosses put on a plate for him and he was on his heels for both of them. Hope it's down to rustiness because he's usually alive in the box.

Â