Microsoft Power BI - Sign up with personal email?

Stevo985

Bit of a weird one this! Hoping someone has some bright ideas (I hope I haven't asked this before on here, my memory is sh*t!)

I want to use Microsoft Power BI for something personal (Fantasy Football league tables and stats). I want to be able to publish the data online so that public users can see it.
I should be able to do that IF I can sign up for a Power BI account.

But that's where I'm getting stuck.

I have Power BI on my work laptop so can do all the data crunching on there. It's just the publishing part I'm struggling with.
Microsoft require you to have a work email to sign up to their public bit. Problem is my company has somehow switched that off so I can't use my work email.

If I try to sign up with my personal email it doesn't let you and says it needs a work email.

So my question is is there a way to make it think my email is a work email so that I can sign up and gt my dashboard published online?

I'm not trying to cut any corners in terms of payments or anything. if there's a fee for the account I'm happy to pay it, it just simply won't let me sign up.

(I currently use Tableau but whilst it's functionality is good, it is incredibly unintuitive. So much so I'm convinced they've made it deliberately complicated so they can create training courses and all sorts for it. Power BI just works so looking for a way I can use that instead)

Do you have a domain name of your own? If so you might be able to do something like set up a free email account with someone like https://www.zoho.com and have your email from your own domain pointing to this provider? failing this I think I may have an account spare using google on my own domain.

No I don't have my own domain. I did find a thing where you can set up a temporary email account, like a disposable one, which got me further but they send you an email to verify the address, which I couldn't access as it wasn't a real account.

Â