Alonso or Raikkonen to win Championship this year ?

BOF

Who will win the WDC in 2005  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the WDC in 2005

• Fernando Alonso
    • Kimi Raikkonen
    • Michael Schumacher
    • Someone else (specified below)

Not only that, hadn't Ferrari fallen behind quite a bit when he joined them? It was his dedication to testing and improving the car away from race-day that made the car so good which allowed him to win so much. From everything I've heard he puts in far more effort than most other drivers when it comes to testing and suchlike...

LV, Andretti is an interesting one. I believe he is one of the best drivers in history because of the sheer amount of different series' he excelled in. He did everything on 4 wheels even doing the hill climbs. He took to everything like a duck to water and did it for the pure joy of it. A definite one of a kind.

GV is my personal favourite Formula 1 driver of all time despite him dying before I ever got to see him race. I have since read everything I can about him and watched as much footage as I can. The way he was revered by everyone in F1 from journos to other drivers tells me that everything written about him is true. He could do miracles in inferior equipment that only tales of Nuvolari could equal. I recommend this book.

F1 is a hard sport to decide who the best ever is. For example, Moss never won a world title, Schumacher has 6, but Moss always chose to drive for lesser cars whereas Schumacher has been in the best car for most of his career.

True Sid, plus the differences in the actual racing means comparing Moss' ability to drive the kind of cars he was expected to drive and Michael's ability to drive the F2003 are pretty much meaningless. All you can do is gauge how they did compared to their contemporaries, taking their equipment and the level of competition into account.

Â