WAHEY! It's a JOKE thread : Enter at your own risk.

villadude

Schrodinger's cat walks into a bar.   And doesn't.

I'm reading a great book on anti-gravity.   I can't put it down.

A neutron walks into a bar and ask how much for a beer.   The bartender says, "For you, no charge."

• Like 2

I assume it's based on that thing that people say when arguing with someone about Religion.

If someone says you can't prove there isn't a God, the funny reply is "you can't prove there isn't a giant spaghetti monster orbiting the Earth" or something like that.

It sort of has a point. But it doesn't really work, imo.

It comes from Richard Dawkins' book "The God Delusion". 

I assume it's based on that thing that people say when arguing with someone about Religion.

If someone says you can't prove there isn't a God, the funny reply is "you can't prove there isn't a giant spaghetti monster orbiting the Earth" or something like that.

Oh. Still doesn't really work.

Oh. Still doesn't really work.

I agree, you're misquote doesn't work but we are getting off the point of this thread. 

A rapist and a con artist gets caught by the sheriff in a small town.

The town doesn’t have much money to take care of prisoners so the sheriff gets an idea. He decides he’ll charge money to let the townspeople punish the crooks and use the money to keep them in jail for as long as he can. The sheriff figures even a short stay in jail will be plenty after a little “justice” from the townspeople.

The sheriff takes the criminals to the town square, handcuffs them posts and sets up shop. He tells the people that the punishment should fit the crime so anyone can pay $1 to kick the rapist in the groin. Since the con artist used his image to wrong his victims, anyone can pay $1 to hit him in the face.

After a while there are two long lines for the criminals. Some people paying $5, $10, even $15 to get their licks in. After a long while, a guy steps up for his turn and sees the con artist’s face is a bloody pulp and thinks “He’s so beat up at this point, he probably can’t even feel anything anymore. I’m not going to waste my money on that.” So the guy walks up and kicks the con artist squarely in the groin.

The sheriff sees this and hurries over and says, “Hey son, you can’t do that here.”

The man asks, “Why not?”

And the sheriff replies, “Because this is the punch line.”

• Like 2

There's three mates working on a building site - one English, one Scottish and one Irish. They all sit down to eat their lunches:

"Oh no, not Ham again" says Tom, the Englishman. "I told the missus I'm sick of having Ham sarnies every day. If I get Ham again tomorrow, I'm jumping off this roof".

Jock opens his lunchbox and says "bollocks man, I've got corned beef again. I've had enough of that stuff to last me a lifetime. If I get it again tomorrow I'm off this roof as well, pal".

Paddy opens his lunchbox and pulls out his sarnies. "not cheese again. I'm fecking sick of cheese. If I get cheese again tomorrow, I'm off the roof too lads".

The next day the lads sit down together for lunch.

Tom opens his sarnies "**** sake. Ham again! That's it lads, I've had enough. It's been a pleasure knowing you" and jumps off the roof to his death.

Jock looks nervously at Paddy and opens his lunchbox. "I can ne believe it. Corned beef again. That's it Paddy, nice working with ye son" and Jock jumps off the roof.

Paddy's shitting himself as he opens his lunchbox. "oh feck, it's cheese! I promised the boys I'd do it so here goes" and Paddy jumps too.

A week later and the three builders are all buried. Later on, at their wakes, the three wives are sat together.

"I'm devastated. I really thought he loved Ham. He always brought an empty lunchbox home" says Tom's wife.

"I can ne believe it either. I thought Jock liked his sarnies, otherwise I'd have made him something else" says Jock's widow.

Jock's wife turns to Paddy's missus and asks if she wished she had done something different. Paddy's wife replies:

"Yeah, I wish I never let him make his own fecking lunch".

Edited by villarocker

An Asian fellow has moved in next door. He has travelled the world, swum with sharks, wrestled bears and climbed the highest mountain. It came as no surprise to learn his name was Bindair Dundat.

I laughed way more to this than I probably should but its funny.

Bertrand Russell does not like this.

An Asian fellow has moved in next door. He has travelled the world, swum with sharks, wrestled bears and climbed the highest mountain. It came as no surprise to learn his name was Bindair Dundat.

Same here but my new neighbour claims to be a DIY expert...

Amed me-shed

Â