Ratings & Reactions: Southampton v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/02/20 at 23:59

Its bad, but in context it's to be expected.

Half the team were probably saving themselves for the final in all honesty, not that that's any sort of get out.  

You can forgive a result like spurs, where we've played well but just been unlucky with a mistake, but you can't forgive a lack of effort, like today.

I hope they all know what they're doing, we can't keep letting other teams do our work for us.

Just got back. I'm normally a very positive fan and usually look on the bright side but today was pathetic. Absolutely no desire or fight. If they can't put up a fight today then they don't deserve to play next week. I'd honestly drop half of them after today and play the kids.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Its bad, but in context it's to be expected.

Half the team were probably saving themselves for the final in all honesty, not that that's any sort of get out.  

You can forgive a result like spurs, where we've played well but just been unlucky with a mistake, but you can't forgive a lack of effort, like today.

I hope they all know what they're doing, we can't keep letting other teams do our work for us.

No it isn't, its never to be expected, that performance should never be expected.

It happens, sure......but not expected.

The result was actually fortunate, in the light of the 28  shots from Southampton.

We create too many excuses.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, TRO said:

I can, its happened too often.

How must most of the fans feel, going to that final after that debacle....its shocking.....what other club would do that to fantastic fans.

I suspect if we get a drubbing, a decision will be made on Dean.

I made my decision after watching Wesley stroll around for half a season. What would 'Sir Ron' have said to him would have made an interesting listen.

Regards,

VLD.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I don't want to be a kiljoy, but he may take some time to get match fit and even then he was iffy, when he got injured.

I wouldn't hold out too much hope on that......I think it needs a new voice, quickly, to have any chance of stopping up.

So so I, sadly though I can’t see purslow making the call and admitting he was wrong in the new contract - our chest chance of survival is a hopeful new manager bounce - I don’t see smith getting this back on track , he’s out of his depth at this level in my opinion 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, richp999 said:

I think this is bang on.

I don't think a number of the players have the ability to play the way he wants - and this is starting to cause problems in the squad.  They simply can't do what he's asking, and as you say, he won't change his style.

But I'd rather stick with smith, and change the players.

Its not all of them, but the ones under par put pressure on the rest.

If you go the other way round, you sack smith, get in big fat sam who will play to the limited abilities of the players - and no one wants that.

What if Sam got results?

We are what we are. A team thrown together in  a couple of months in the summer after lucking out and getting promoted from being mid table in March. It hasn't really worked but most teams going up from  winning the play offs struggle. The question that may be more important is this team minus the big names good enough to bounce straight back up? Nope probably not. Renew your season ticket now.

A horrendous shower of shit. However, I'm taking consolation in that everyone around us is just as shit as we are and it'd be so like us to scab it on the final day despite being awful for the majority of the season. The Spurs performance still gives me hope we can just do it. Not looking forward to Wembley next week however, today was hide behind the sofa stuff **** knows what next week will be😬  typically knowing this team we'll turn up next week and give it a good go because it's a big game and a final. Yet this shower cant be arsed for the bread and butter against the sides around us. Shambolic

If this forum is representative of the clubs fan base we really are a croc of sh*t. Promoted through the play offs after finishing 5th in the championship with a number of loan players and a very small squad once you take out the oldies that helped gain promotion we had nothing going forward. Yes we spent a lot of money but we had to get players in quickly, it hasn’t proved to be a quick fix but there is talent there. Last time we bought a lot of new players the fans decided they were shit , ruined confidence and we eventually got relegated . A lot of these players are now playing regularly at high levels around Europe. Aston Villa well known club worldwide won loads in the past but currently rebuilding it takes time and without fan support will take longer, perhaps will never happen, too many fans expect instant success, ain’t going to happen..

is there a difference between fan and supporter ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wish Dean would start owning it more and stop blaming people.

He just come across very unlikable.

And slating your own players in public is  the wrong thing to do. It will only worsen the harmony and he risk losing some of the players.

Edited by villalad21

39 minutes ago, smg said:

If this forum is representative of the clubs fan base we really are a croc of sh*t. Promoted through the play offs after finishing 5th in the championship with a number of loan players and a very small squad once you take out the oldies that helped gain promotion we had nothing going forward. Yes we spent a lot of money but we had to get players in quickly, it hasn’t proved to be a quick fix but there is talent there. Last time we bought a lot of new players the fans decided they were shit , ruined confidence and we eventually got relegated . A lot of these players are now playing regularly at high levels around Europe. Aston Villa well known club worldwide won loads in the past but currently rebuilding it takes time and without fan support will take longer, perhaps will never happen, too many fans expect instant success, ain’t going to happen..

is there a difference between fan and supporter ?

image.png.1b9d7d0b2812f1ac607a60d98bdef50f.png

• Like 2

Â