thabucks

14 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

As Greg O'Keeffe pointed out on Twitter it's a bit shady that both Everton and Villa will be sponsored by Cazoo given that Everton cancelled their shirt sponsorship with SportPesa and Villa were strongly linked to them also, I believe there was a photo doing the rounds of a Villa shirt with SportPesa printed on the front welcoming them as a new sponsor for the coming season a few months ago.

This tweet?

It's also not that rare considering Wolves and Palace have the same sponsor.

8 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I'm gay

I don't believe you. 

It's nice for the young uns in that they can have the same shirt as everyone else. 

My interest in this deal isn't remotely in what the company do, what the logo looks like or what next season's shirt will be - for me there are only two questions about any shirt sponsorship deal - how much is it for and how long is it for? So far I've seen nothing that confirms either of those two things and no one seems overly keen to make a big noise about either.

So yeah, welcome Cazoo - as long as you're spending a fortune for the privilege.

I guess this means that we're free to find a different sleeve sponsor - lets get full value for that one too please.

• Like 2

I guess the money depends on which division we are in  next season. They would be foolish not to have two values on the contract, division dependant.

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's nice for the young uns in that they can have the same shirt as everyone else. 

My interest in this deal isn't remotely in what the company do, what the logo looks like or what next season's shirt will be - for me there are only two questions about any shirt sponsorship deal - how much is it for and how long is it for? So far I've seen nothing that confirms either of those two things and no one seems overly keen to make a big noise about either.

So yeah, welcome Cazoo - as long as you're spending a fortune for the privilege.

I guess this means that we're free to find a different sleeve sponsor - lets get full value for that one too please.

I would say another 1 year deal and not for a great amount. I don't think we will get a real proper deal till we're shown as an established PL team. 

7 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

You know running a successful football club is very much like making love to a beautiful woman...

You have to push hard to find different openings and when you find a fit ram it home quickly before someone else does

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I would say another 1 year deal and not for a great amount. I don't think we will get a real proper deal till we're shown as an established PL team. 

Everton are an established PL team and they are having them. 
I agree about the contract length though, as our stature is atm it makes sense to renegotiate every year

2 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

When you go down you know you are going to come face to face with a Blues Fan?   

I dunno what birds you've been hanging around but I think you should go for a checkup. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

You know running a successful football club is very much like making love to a beautiful woman...

Concentrate on banging in the balls as often as possible and you're bound to score eventually. 

Need to be wary of the reverse fixture though, the result is not always guaranteed as the home team might not be accommodating. 

Some may struggle to perform in front of spectators. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Think Villa sponsorship agency sent Sportpesa CEO our kit as a feeler to gauge their potential interest. This is often done by agencies. The CEO took the liberty of posting the kit on his Instagram. 

There is a fantastic video that went around of Chelsea's agency sending out sponsorship box to potential sponsors when they eventually signed with Yokohama tires. Each box cost like $10K and included a portable video player that showcased a personalized video of all the benefits the sponsor would get. It was really impressive!

Â