thabucks

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Inter is the last of a dead breed, still sponsored by Pirelli after all these years. Even PSV isn't sponsored by Philips anymore incredibly.

probably cheating but Wolfsburg seem to have always had Volkswagen on the jersey

11 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

It's always baffled me how Bayern don't have BMW as a sponsor seeing as it's about 5km away. Even Audi are a secondary sponsor. The head of BMW must be a big 1860 fan.

Audi own 8% of the club, BMW tried to get in on it a few years back but were told they have to buy out the shares

They pay them 60m€ a year as their secondary sponsor, FFP and all that... 

Wolfsburg also owned by VW

Edit - and when I say FFP they had a 40m€ per season deal until 2025 but recently upped it and extended it to 60m€ per season until 2029, nothing dodgy at all there

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Gambling adverts are not allowed on TV before 9pm but live games can have the companies plastered all over the advertising boards.

Are you sure about that?

I don't watch TV other than sports, but it feels like every ad is gambling, they even have that separate ad break break after the main ads (just before kick off) with Ray Winston 

On 19/02/2020 at 22:30, the_eristic said:

Sick of betting sponsors, never liked the idea of them in the first place and this sounds like a particularly nasty one, really hope we don't go through with it.

I have a sport pesa account. Nothing nasty about them at all

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Audi own 8% of the club, BMW tried to get in on it a few years back but were told they have to buy out the shares

They pay them 60m€ a year as their secondary sponsor, FFP and all that... 

Wolfsburg also owned by VW

Edit - and when I say FFP they had a 40m€ per season deal until 2025 but recently upped it and extended it to 60m€ per season until 2029, nothing dodgy at all there

It's dodgy but is it official dodgy? I mean a renegotiated deal with a 50% uplift seems a lot but City's deals were many multiples of uplifts.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/02/2020 at 20:43, Keyblade said:

Inter is the last of a dead breed, still sponsored by Pirelli after all these years. Even PSV isn't sponsored by Philips anymore incredibly.

I still can't get used to that. It doesn't make any sense at all. Philips is in their bloody name!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

We've said for years we should be sponsored d by someone like Jaguar or Cadbury. I don't think they want to know 

I doubt it’s worth it for them compared with what the betting firms will pay for the exposure.

I’d love for us to take the moral high ground and do a similar thing to Acorns. However I’d love us to be winning trophies and competing for the league/champs league. Unless ffp gets kicked to touch even if the owners were willing to go the charitable route, it just ain’t gonna happen. 

We won't attract a corporate sponsor until we're regularly competing at the top end of the table, in Europe etc.  Anything below that is betting all the way. 

Sponsors only appear on shirts if they want exposure in the regions in which the shirts will appear.  Coke have majority market share, so why bother? Pepsi would be more likely.

Cadburys probably don't need exposure in European markets and Asian ones probably have their own, unassailable chocolate company.

3 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I doubt it’s worth it for them compared with what the betting firms will pay for the exposure.

I’d love for us to take the moral high ground and do a similar thing to Acorns. However I’d love us to be winning trophies and competing for the league/champs league. Unless ffp gets kicked to touch even if the owners were willing to go the charitable route, it just ain’t gonna happen. 

Sadly, I think it's safe to say the days of charities as shirt sponsors are over. I hate what football has become.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Just need to ban betting companies from football sponsorship. I assume tobacco companies were banned a long tome ago and you don't see alcohol sponsors now, have they been banned?

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

Aston Villa can confirm that the Principal Partnership with W88 will end following the completion of the 19/20 season.  

The online betting and gaming site’s deal saw them appear on the front of all first-team kits during the 2019/20 season and their partnership with Aston Villa will come to its natural end. 

The club would like to thank W88 for their support over the past 12 months.

AVFC.CO.UK

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Aston Villa can confirm that the Principal Partnership with W88 will end following the completion of the 19/20 season.  

The online betting and gaming site’s deal saw them appear on the front of all first-team kits during the 2019/20 season and their partnership with Aston Villa will come to its natural end. 

The club would like to thank W88 for their support over the past 12 months.

AVFC.CO.UK

Would be great if they took advantage of the impending relaxation of FFP rules and went with a morale boosting, worthy sponsor instead of any of the morally corrupt gambling companies. That assumes our owners haven't been made bankrupt by the impending global financial crisis and dont need the income to spend it.

Â