thabucks

Aston Villa is delighted to announce a new multi-year partnership with Cazoo, the UK’s leading online car retailer and fastest-growing digital business, to become the Club’s principal partner.

Edited by rbcuk

I pray the shirt is a good one this years because I'm in desperate need of a new shirt and refuse to buy any of the gambling ones. 

• Like 1

As Greg O'Keeffe pointed out on Twitter it's a bit shady that both Everton and Villa will be sponsored by Cazoo given that Everton cancelled their shirt sponsorship with SportPesa and Villa were strongly linked to them also, I believe there was a photo doing the rounds of a Villa shirt with SportPesa printed on the front welcoming them as a new sponsor for the coming season a few months ago.

Makes you wonder whether Cazoo have swept in at the last minute to sponsor both clubs perhaps at a cheaper rate? I guess we will probably never find out but it's interesting to speculate. Villa made a big deal of the record value of the sponsorship last year, no mention this year so I would imagine the sponsorship won't be worth as much as W88.

It's a welcome change to not have a gambling company plastered on the front of the shirt as well, and if it supports a new UK business then that's a bonus too. I don't think there's a lot to dislike about this deal.

I'd much rather have a UK business on the front of the shirt than a generic betting sponsor who seem to be two a penny these days. It might even increase shirt sales because I know lots of people like myself refuse to support gambling/betting companies.

3 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

I don't think there's a lot to dislike about this deal.

Nor me and at the end of the day it's a shirt sponsor so I'm not going to lose sleep over it

But villa fans being villa fans and social media being social media... You see comments like embarrassing and it being a championship sponsor because we're resigned to relegation rather than fighting (obvious hole in that one) 

The gambling company stuff I can see the point but other than that I'm not sure how people can be so emotionally invested in a shirt sponsor, I'd question your enjoyment of football and suggest a step back if this news has made you angry 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

At least we won't have boiler man as a mascot anyway, I'll wait for the inevitable second-hand car mascot instead

boilerman.jpg

It's going to be this guy

Inflatable Arm Flailing Wacky Tube Man Dancing GIF | Mens ...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Â