Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

4 hours ago, chips'ngravy said:

Remember being gutted when I heard he'd gone to Arsenal. He was a stand out talent in the England under 18s (I think it was). It was clear he was a special player. Strange he lost his way so quickly.

Many of them do.

its their rate of improvement that is the criticial piece of criteria, hence the need to watch a player, many  times......why top talent spotters are worth their weight in gold.

• Like 1

I would think its easier to get in to the Villa first team from the academy, than at The top six clubs.

Provided we can give dedicated tuition to these elite prospects, I would think Villa would be the perfect place to develop.

there are many things like inducements and promises false or otherwise, that i am not privvy to, but I think the lad should stay with us and continue his development uninterupted, which i think is important.

His head is only just getting above the trees, he needs to be careful they are not already in the clouds......his family need to carefully to guide him correctly.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

We need to be better at loaning them out, seem to keep too many of our decent academy players at the club until 19-20 and then finally starting loaning them so they stagnate a bit.

Can see that with likes of O'Hare and Hepburn Murphy, what was the point of keeping them here in 17-18 just to play the odd league cup match?

Spurs had Harry Kane out on loan at Leyton Orient when he was 17.

• Like 1

On 12/04/2020 at 11:59, TRO said:

I would think its easier to get in to the Villa first team from the academy, than at The top six clubs.

Provided we can give dedicated tuition to these elite prospects, I would think Villa would be the perfect place to develop.

there are many things like inducements and promises, false or otherwise, that i am not privvy to, but I think the lad should stay with us and continue his development uninterupted, which i think is important.

His head is only just getting above the trees, he needs to be careful they are not already in the clouds......his family need to carefully to guide him correctly.

sorry, not sure how thats happened.

Edited by TRO

• 3 weeks later...

According to www.transfermarkt.co.uk, his date of birth is 7 January 2004, that makes him an u16 player as Dadster123 (?) said. That makes me feel very old, Chukwuemeka is clearly very highly rated, I only saw him very briefly I think on 2 March 2019 for our u18s v Chelsea u18s at Bodymoor Heath. I remember reading an article on the Northampton Town official website a few years ago stating that we signed Chukwuemeka as a 12 year old from them but I can’t find it now. Has anyone seen him play? If so what are his strengths and weaknesses? Who would you compare him to?

Birmingham Mail have tweeted that he's "seduced by Newcastle project", their source is Sports Witness, don't know how reliable they are but they claim that Newcastle want to sign all the best young players in the country and are prepared to offer £1m for him. Hopefully we can convince him and Philogene-Bidace to stay with us.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, useless said:

Birmingham Mail have tweeted that he's "seduced by Newcastle project", their source is Sports Witness, don't know how reliable they are but they claim that Newcastle want to sign all the best young players in the country and are prepared to offer £1m for him. Hopefully we can convince him and Philogene-Bidace to stay with us.

Really hope these new owners bankrupts them and show no interest in the club but only want to milk money out of it.

9 minutes ago, useless said:

I would be annoyed if he left us for Newcastle United, we have invested a lot of time, effort and money in Chukwumeka’s development. It would be a shame if he did leave

• Like 1

Probably just the football media having nothing else to write about, if Purslow hadn't have called him the best sixteen year old in the country the media probably wouldn't even know about him and we wouldn't be having these links, not that I blame Purslow. Any talk of him stalling on a contract is probably guesswork as well, far as I know if he's sixteen he can't even sign a professional contract with us yet until he turns seventeen, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens then.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

No mention of him on any of the retained, released or scholar lists publshed today: Editor's note: It might be because he's under seventeen that he isn't on there, not sure though.

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

You can't tell Jack Shit about any player at that age.  If he's put in some ludicrous wage demand then let some other sucker pay it.  I've seen over and over and over again about so an so 16 year old being the next big thing. 

Rather save the wages and put them towards someone a bit more developed if that's the way of it. 

Â