Jump to content

Carney Chukwuemeka


Villan4Life
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Daniel Crowley, he was at Willem 11 in the Netherlands but he’s now at Birmingham City, he’s played 29 games for them this season. He’s been a virtual ever present

I bet with hindsight, he so wished he had stayed with us. 😊 Hopefully Carney won't have his head turned by reported interest from other clubs. He's young enough to develop here and get a move to a big club in three years or so, or even better to sign another contract with the big club that he's already at. 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

They paid £7m for Ivan Sunjic and £700,000 for Crowley, why is there such a gulf between the two player’s value?

That's how low his stock had fallen. The fee was low enough, but for the Noses to have been his best option - it doesn't get much worse!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sunjic was Croatia's U23 captain and has also played for the full national team, he's the much more highly rated of the two, it was a surprise when they signed him. Crowley has only been a bit part player for them since around Christmas, after a promising start I think his form began to falter.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, John said:

I bet with hindsight, he so wished he had stayed with us. 😊 Hopefully Carney won't have his head turned by reported interest from other clubs. He's young enough to develop here and get a move to a big club in three years or so, or even better to sign another contract with the big club that he's already at. 😉

He’s a 16 year old kid, I’m sure it’s gone to his head all this media attention and Purslow bigging him up in the press. I don’t even remember Grealish getting this much attention in the press, again I don’t want to big Chukwuemeka up too much myself

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Just now, useless said:

Sunjic was Croatia's U23 captain and has also played for the full national team, he's the much more highly rated of the two, it was a surprise when they signed him. Crowley has only been a bit part player for them since around Christmas, after a promising start I think his form began to falter.

Do you watch much of them? It sounds like you do

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've watched quite a bit of championship football this season, have only seen them a few times, Crowley looked quite good, but that was earlier in the season as I say I think his form has dropped since then, Sunjic also looked pretty decent, albeit he's a completely different type of midfielder to Crowley, plays deeper.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, John said:

That's how low his stock had fallen. The fee was low enough, but for the Noses to have been his best option - it doesn't get much worse!

I bet he wishes he hadn’t seen the poundsigns and left us but we can’t change the past. We can only do our best to keep our best youth products, mind you we bought Chukwuemeka from Northampton Town when he was 12 so he must good. He’s obviously someone that we’ve had an eye on and wanted to develop. I want to see him play :(

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Andre Green is another one that made his u23 debut as a 15 year old but he also hasn’t quite kicked on. Then again, they all are SGC, they all are :(

If you gave me £10k a week at 18 you'd be asking questions on how I'm still alive rather than why didn't I kick on

That's why all this stuff about the national teams under 17s, under 18s, 19s, 21s etc winning tournaments has to be taken with a massive pinch of salt

I think we as a country and league throw money at young players before they've achieved anything of merit in a way that other top European nations don't, its an underestimated hurdle in a youngsters development, can you remember that man City kid buying a £2m mansion at 19 cos he's on £25k a week? He's now 22 and on loan at Blackburn, he won't make it at city but he's set for life 

You can't judge what the money will do in stunting their development  

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/11373383/carney-chukwuemeka-man-utd-city-liverpool-transfer/

 

Quote

MANCHESTER UNITED and Liverpool are being linked with a midfielder Aston Villa rate as England's best 16-year-old.

Villa still hope Carney Chukwuemeka will agree a contract to stay but a clutch of top clubs are now reportedly trailing their England u-17 star.

Carney Chukwuemeka, seen playing for England Under-17s, is one of the hottest teenage properties in British football
 Birmingham sensation Jude Bellingham is also just 16 - but Carney Chukwuemeka is only a part-time player as he is still at school
The Premier League strugglers hope to persuade the school-kid there would be a clearer path through to first-team action if he stayed with them.

But The Athletic say Manchester City are rivalling Premier League leaders Liverpool and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's youth-oriented United in monitoring him.

Villa believe their plans to upgrade the academy could help persuade box-to-box player Chukwuemeka he could fulfil all his short-term ambitions with them.

And it is thought Villa had held discussions over his future before their Bodymoor Heath training complex was shut due to the coronavirus pandemic last month.

Now, though, football action is on hold - and clubs are even unsure when the transfer window will take place.

Villa CEO Christian Purslow recently hailed Chukwuemeka as “probably the best 16-year-old in England right now”.

So in terms of football development he is behind fellow 16-year-old sensation Jude Bellingham.

The versatile Birmingham midfielder, wanted by United, is already a Championship regular after an astonishing breakthrough season.

 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If you gave me £10k a week at 18 you'd be asking questions on how I'm still alive rather than why didn't I kick on

That's why all this stuff about the national teams under 17s, under 18s, 19s, 21s etc winning tournaments has to be taken with a massive pinch of salt

I think we as a country and league throw money at young players before they've achieved anything of merit in a way that other top European nations don't, its an underestimated hurdle in a youngsters development, can you remember that man City kid buying a £2m mansion at 19 cos he's on £25k a week? He's now 22 and on loan at Blackburn, he won't make it at city but he's set for life 

You can't judge what the money will do in stunting their development  

Do you mean Tosin Adarabioyo? Very occasionally, you get a Grealish and it’s all worth it but the sad truth is that the vast majority don’t even play league football. They get hyped up beyond belief at 15-16 years old  and the money goes to their heads. Sometimes, if the player has the right mentality as well as the talent, they can go as far as they want but it’s rare

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Cowley didnt make it because he left for Arsenal for more money. He didnt make it because his attitude, application and desire was absolute abysmal. That wouldn't have changed wherever he learnt his trade.

Did you see him play for Villa?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Did you see him play for Villa?

Yeah he had just as much talent as Jack imo but he wasted his development years wasted his loans (was sent back on at least one occasion for time keeping and attitude issues) He will be forever playing catch up as he binned off his 17-21 years.

I dont see him doing a Jack.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Yeah he had just as much talent as Jack imo but he wasted his development years wasted his loans (was sent back on at least one occasion for time keeping and attitude issues) He will be forever playing catch up as he binned off his 17-21 years.

I dont see him doing a Jack.

Just because they don’t do a Grealish doesn’t mean that they won’t have a very good career. One thing of many that our youth coaches seem to be very good at is deciding who is good enough for us or whatever level the player may be at be it League 1 or Championship 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Just because they don’t do a Grealish doesn’t mean that they won’t have a very good career. One thing of many that our youth coaches seem to be very good at is deciding who is good enough for us or whatever level the player may be at be it League 1 or Championship 

Yeah he will have a very good career. If anyone can follow Bannan and Robinson and have a Championshop career for a decade it is a great career. He was a generational talent though and it is a bit of a shame.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


52 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Yeah he will have a very good career. If anyone can follow Bannan and Robinson and have a Championshop career for a decade it is a great career. He was a generational talent though and it is a bit of a shame.

Crowley? A generational talent? You don’t think he is now then? I don’t think I ever had the chance to see him play

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've just remembered Foday Nabay from small heath's academy who was meant to be highly rated, was called up for England's U16 team when he was still only 13 and Man CIty were apparently offering a lot of money for him then as well, couple of years later he was still being linked to big clubs including us, he eventually joined Fulham. Just googled him and he's playing for Gloucester City now, still only 21 though so maybe he can work his way back up the leagues.

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...
Â