Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's big, strong, quick and has a good touch - it's early days for him yet, but he looks good when he's driving through the midfield. There's a lot of potential there - I hope he can grow into it.

Thanks, can you compare him to someone?

10 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's big, strong, quick and has a good touch - it's early days for him yet, but he looks good when he's driving through the midfield. There's a lot of potential there - I hope he can grow into it.

Sounds like Yaya Toure or Dembele

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has he agreed and signed a contract with us? I've seen (on Birmingham Live below) that other clubs (Liverpool/Manchester United) may be sniffing around and we don't want to lose a prospect like this. 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/carney-chukwuemeka-aston-villa-wiki-18068200

Edited by John
  • Thanks 1

I think any player that refuse to sign a new contract at that age simply won't make it. You don't just need talent, but there's a huge part that's attitude etc. 

Where did that exceptional talent that left us for arsenal end up? Netherlands or something? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think any player that refuse to sign a new contract at that age simply won't make it. You don't just need talent, but there's a huge part that's attitude etc. 

Where did that exceptional talent that left us for arsenal end up? Netherlands or something? 

Daniel Crowley, he was at Willem 11 in the Netherlands but he’s now at Birmingham City, he’s played 29 games for them this season. He’s been a virtual ever present

Louie Barry refused to sign a new contract with Albion, doesn't mean to say he's not going to make it or he has a bad attitude, sometimes the stars turn and an opportunity presents itself and you have to take it. Besides I don't think there's anything to indicate that Chukwuemkea has refused to sign a deal with us.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, useless said:

Louie Barry refused to sign a new contract with Albion, doesn't mean to say he's not going to make it or he has a bad attitude, sometimes the stars turn and an opportunity presents itself and you have to take it. Besides I don't think there's anything to indicate that Chukwuemkea has refused to sign a deal with us.

Have you or anyone else seen Louie Barry or Carney Chukwuemeka play?

4 minutes ago, useless said:

I've only seen very brief highlights of Barry, have never seen Chukweumeka play. Pity that they don't seem to show the academy football on youtube these days.

Where have you seen brief highlights of Barry? On YouTube?

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It’s not as dramatic as “refusing to sign a contract”. At Carney’s age a promising U16 will have a scholarship offer from the club, but also have other clubs showing an interest. An important decision like this doesn’t have to be made yet and it’s only sensible to weigh up the options.

• Like 1

Also just as a side note, Jake Walker was is now 19 years old was playing for our u23 side as an u16 like Chukwuemeka is. Walker is now 19 years old and is on loan at Banbury United, he just hasn’t kicked on for whatever reason

4 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Dan Crowley is out Birmingham City now. They bought him from Willem II for around £700k

Edited by Villan4Life

Â