Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

I don't mind Purslow lionising youth players. Some will feel pressure but some will feel enthusiastic and he's obviously being advised by the youth coaches..
Maybe we want to keep the ones who will welcome the praise and not so bothered about the mentally weaker ones who won't cope with the adulation. We're hoping to produce top players who perform under pressure after all.

Anyway, we should of course have a team on the pitch now and in the next year or two that compete in the PL. That is vital.
But long term, the best, perhaps only way we will climb back to the pinnacle is by playing the long game and acquiring the best youth players.

As an aside, I **** hate Chumbawumba and that abomination of a song.

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

I don't mind Purslow lionising youth players. Some will feel pressure but some will feel enthusiastic and he's obviously being advised by the youth coaches..
Maybe we want to keep the ones who will welcome the praise and not so bothered about the mentally weaker ones who won't cope with the adulation. We're hoping to produce top players who perform under pressure after all.

Anyway, we should of course have a team on the pitch now and in the next year or two that compete in the PL. That is vital.
But long term, the best, perhaps only way we will climb back to the pinnacle is by playing the long game and acquiring the best youth players.

As an aside, I **** hate Chumbawumba and that abomination of a song.

Could be just another way of separating the wheat from the chaff. Being name-checked by the CEO is a pretty big deal and how he responds to that could be an indication of whether he's got what it takes mentally to be a pro.

Honestly though, I love this new strategy and direction - you look at a team of Dortmund's stature the other day with an incredibly youthful front three of Reyna, Haaland and Sancho and you realise what can be done.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Could be just another way of separating the wheat from the chaff. Being name-checked by the CEO is a pretty big deal and how he responds to that could be an indication of whether he's got what it takes mentally to be a pro.

Honestly though, I love this new strategy and direction - you look at a team of Dortmund's stature the other day with an incredibly youthful front three of Reyna, Haaland and Sancho and you realise what can be done.  

Spot on. They are exactly the model we should follow. So many good players fall through the clutches of bigger squads and if you have the guys that can spot them you're on to a winner.

We could really make our money talk here. Identifying the likes of Sancho, DeBruyne, Salah? etc as they become surplus, or the affordable gems that are on the way to becoming superstars - like Haaland, as well as getting the best youth players is the best way for us to get to the top.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Spot on. They are exactly the model we should follow. So many good players fall through the clutches of bigger squads and if you have the guys that can spot them you're on to a winner.

We could really make our money talk here. Identifying the likes of Sancho, DeBruyne, Salah? etc as they become surplus, or the affordable gems that are on the way to becoming superstars - like Haaland, as well as getting the best youth players is the best way for us to get to the top.

Absolutely. Scouting/recruitment is pivotal to success and it had definitely been a problem at the club for some time. If you look at the signings made from about 2010 to 2018, it makes for some frightening reading; the amount of money wasted, duds bought or players that weren't the right fit at the time etc. Yeesh. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Absolutely. Scouting/recruitment is pivotal to success and it had definitely been a problem at the club for some time. If you look at the signings made from about 2010 to 2018, it makes for some frightening reading; the amount of money wasted, duds bought or players that weren't the right fit at the time etc. Yeesh. 

Adama is the perfect example of that. Wish we had him now. What a player he has become. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

20 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Adama is the perfect example of that. Wish we had him now. What a player he has become. 

I'm not so sure about that, he wasn't a fit for anyone decent at that time or for a good 2/3 years after - he was terrible for us and he's had to develop massively.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I'm not so sure about that, he wasn't a fit for anyone decent at that time or for a good 2/3 years after - he was terrible for us and he's had to develop massively.

You could always see that raw talent though. I said at the time and after he left he was going to be a star one day. Too much ability not to be.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I don't see Adama sustaining any kind of form. He's a bit of a prima donna and also has the IQ of a Beagle. Sometimes when I watch him play, I imagine he is navigating an obstacle course at Crufts.

As long as he doesn't suffer any major injuries that robs him of his pace and explosivity he'll be fine. But he's certainly not a player who'd be worth much without those attributes.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I don't see Adama sustaining any kind of form. He's a bit of a prima donna and also has the IQ of a Beagle. Sometimes when I watch him play, I imagine he is navigating an obstacle course at Crufts.

Hard to say. Personally, I don't think he'll ever have the finesse/technique or consistency to be a top player but that could be because I'm biased and don't want him to. 

15 hours ago, sne said:

Chukwemeka, name just rolls off the tongue.

Good thing is if he get's knocked down he'd just get up again, they are never going to keep him down.

I just hope he doesn't drink a Whiskey drink, and then drinks a Vodka drink
and then drinks a Lager drink,  and then drinks a Cider drink.

At least he has a song ready made if he ever makes the first team.

• Like 1

On 19/02/2020 at 23:59, Mic09 said:

If we produced an equivalent of Jack for every position we might as well finish with football because we would be the best team in the world.

We would actually complete football.

Barcelona 2009 be nothing on us

On 20/02/2020 at 00:36, Junxs said:

It's one thing producing them, but another thing holding on to them. I remember all those players West Ham produced at the start of the century, Lampard, Joe Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Michael Carrick, Glen Johnson etc

They all ended up being great players elsewhere whilst West Ham were yoyo-ing the divisions

Leeds too... Kewell, Smith, Woodgate... Since they got relegated, they never came back up to the Premier League did they?

Â