Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

Hopefully this is just his agent doing what agents do (being a word removed). Carney wants to play but so do the rest of the squad, he’s got to earn the right. We’ve got a good crop of youth coming through and they won’t all make it. It’s highly competitive across the whole league. Sulking won’t get him the starts he wants, performance in training, games and his general attitude and application around the place will do that. 

To my mind, it's just negotiation on a contract where the value is really difficult to properly judge. I'm confident we can find a way to balance the demands of player and club, plenty of time yet.

Out of interest, what would people think an eighteen year old with Carney's massive potential should be earning for the next three years?

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

To my mind, it's just negotiation on a contract where the value is really difficult to properly judge. I'm confident we can find a way to balance the demands of player and club, plenty of time yet.

Out of interest, what would people think an eighteen year old with Carney's massive potential should be earning for the next three years?

You'd think that there would be certain clauses where his wage would go up based on appearances and the like over that duration but it's hard to say really. You don't want to pay him too much as you don't want him thinking he's made it already, but at the same time you don't want to lowball it and make him feel undervalued when there could be others willing to pay him what he wants. Tricky situation, all in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

If he leaves it shows his agent is an imbecile and Carney is easily led.

Ramsey plays week in, week out. Archer scored a wonderful goal at Stamford Bridge. The path is clearly there.

All that being said, this article is bollocks and Carney will sign a contract before 2022 comes along.

Agree on the article, I was writing on the basis it was all fact. 

it is probably and agent leaked article to push for a significantly improved contract or first team football. 

given our schedule and even one more injury to a midfielder in the next two games, he’s likely to be playing anyway. 

Harvey Elliot is supposedly on £20k/w at Liverpool. They are obviously a bigger club paying bigger salaries, and Elliot is also the bigger prospect currently but maybe this is what they are aiming for?

24 minutes ago, lexicon said:

You'd think that there would be certain clauses where his wage would go up based on appearances and the like over that duration but it's hard to say really. You don't want to pay him too much as you don't want him thinking he's made it already, but at the same time you don't want to lowball it and make him feel undervalued when there could be others willing to pay him what he wants. Tricky situation, all in. 

Exactly. It's tricky, and I think that's why we'll see this toing and froing in the press as both sides try to figure out exactly where this should be pitched. I don't think what we're seeing in the papers at the moment is anything more than that. It's natural. 

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Exactly. It's tricky, and I think that's why we'll see this toing and froing in the press as both sides try to figure out exactly where this should be pitched. I don't think what we're seeing in the papers at the moment is anything more than that. It's natural. 

Yep, sounds like agent shenanigans to me tbh. Hopefully Carney and his family aren't too happy with it. 

31 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Billy Big Bollocks

How about forcing your way into the team through merit and hard work instead of whining like a little bitch.

Think we really need to be careful, the lad might have nothing to do with stuff that’s come out. 

Let’s not hate on him just yet. 

The Secret Scout saying that he's baffled by the story, and that he's in negotiations and looking to impress the new management is the end of it for me, they're one of the most if not the most reliable source on youth football and have direct contact with youth players.

To be honest I don't even think the story has anything to do with his agent, because if that was the case I doubt Chukwuemeka would be telling Secret Scout that he's baffled by the story as he and his agent will be working in tandem, so the agent more than likely will be just as baffled by the story as Carney.

Sometimes journalists just make things up, or rather speculate based on their best guess if you want to put it in kinder terms and it seems that's what has happened here with this Chukwuemeka story.

I imagine he will sign an extension within the coming months, wouldn't surprise me if it's just a one year extension so he's back to having three years on his deal, but either way can see it  happening.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

There will be an agent somewhere working to unsettle the player and telling another club that they have a way of getting Chukwuemeka to them. Carney may not even have ever met that agent, but if that agent can get a suggestion of £20k a week from a club he doesn't represent he'll put himself into the frame for putting the player and club together. Paying some journo a grand or doing him a favour somewhere to put a story out will be an investment that random agent somewhere might be prepared to make.

Â