Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

40 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

If he’s as good as the hype then he’ll move somewhere before long.

Grealish took more than 6 years to make his move, including relegation. Totally different situation. If we were more stable, we would have benefited more out of Grealish but we were a bit late compared to his. 

1 hour ago, Killeen30 said:

If he’s as good as the hype then he’ll move somewhere before long.

Probably depends how marketable he is. City only payed 100m for him for commercial reasons after the World Cup made him England’s favourite player. They didn’t need him ability wise. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Probably depends how marketable he is. City only payed 100m for him for commercial reasons after the World Cup made him England’s favourite player. They didn’t need him ability wise. 

I think they did need Jack.  All of their players are quite samey but Jack brings something different.  He is the one that can unlock a defence with a dribble and can carry the ball in a way that none of the others do.  They maybe didn't need him in the PL but I think he gives them something extra in the big CL games.

1 minute ago, barry'sboots said:

I think they did need Jack.  All of their players are quite samey but Jack brings something different.  He is the one that can unlock a defence with a dribble and can carry the ball in a way that none of the others do.  They maybe didn't need him in the PL but I think he gives them something extra in the big CL games.

We’ll see mate. I don’t think he’s any better than what they have. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Grealish took more than 6 years to make his move, including relegation. Totally different situation. If we were more stable, we would have benefited more out of Grealish but we were a bit late compared to his. 

I agree.  I think the bigger challenge with Chuk and his cohort is whether we can progress this youth whilst still progressing the team in the league.  If we are competing around the European spots and we have three or four to integrate from the youth then we could keep them together.  I am not in favour of them learning on our $ though - I think they need to prove themselves good enough to dislodge very good senior pros as Elliot has done at Liverpool and Mount and James have done at Chelski.  My fear is that we will leave obvious gaps so as to create a pathway and in so doing the team's performance/progression will dip. 

Personally, I would have shipped out JJ on loan this season (and possibly JPB and Carney next season) to get them 30+ games at the top of the Championship.  If they proved themselves then they dislodge a top senior pro and we look to exit/realise value.  As it stands, I see JJ as very much part of our midfield plan and I am not sure this progresses the team this season.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Saw someone on CNN just today talking about what a piss take it was that Man City could splash out 100 mill on a player " they didn't actually need, given all the attacking talent they have " while other clubs are crumbling financially. So funny you mention this.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They might not have needed him ability wise, but let’s not get away from the fact that Jack is a class act on the pitch. He certainly doesn’t look out of place in that City side, and with a few of their attacking players now at the age of 30 or slightly the other side of that i think it’s silly to say they only paid 100 million because he is marketable.

Anyway let’s move on. It’s not his thread.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Saw someone on CNN just today talking about what a piss take it was that Man City could splash out 100 mill on a player they didn't actually need while other clubs are crumbling financially. So funny you mention this.

Personally think they missed a trick not going all out for Kane instead of Jack. Now that would have made City unstoppable.

26 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I agree.  I think the bigger challenge with Chuk and his cohort is whether we can progress this youth whilst still progressing the team in the league.  If we are competing around the European spots and we have three or four to integrate from the youth then we could keep them together.  I am not in favour of them learning on our $ though - I think they need to prove themselves good enough to dislodge very good senior pros as Elliot has done at Liverpool and Mount and James have done at Chelski.  My fear is that we will leave obvious gaps so as to create a pathway and in so doing the team's performance/progression will dip. 

Personally, I would have shipped out JJ on loan this season (and possibly JPB and Carney next season) to get them 30+ games at the top of the Championship.  If they proved themselves then they dislodge a top senior pro and we look to exit/realise value.  As it stands, I see JJ as very much part of our midfield plan and I am not sure this progresses the team this season.

I don’t think it’s gaps we choose not to fill for the sake of it. I think it’s gaps which we weren’t able to fill with the right quality. J.Ramsey looked more benefit than Barkley last season. Why should we get players to fill the squad if they were only little better? Possibly might not even be better? Now it’s the next stage of the rebuild. Better platform, better financially, building a squad which could look even better. If we had 14-16 players which are bought who are real qualities, then the rest of the squad are from those who we develop them (with high potential), I think we’d look really good. This what we’re look to be.
We’re ready to shift (Trez, El Ghazi, Nakamba, Guilbert, Hourihane, Wesley) if Carney, JPB, Archer, Barry, Raikhy, Kesler, A.Ramsey and Caleb stepped up. We might not even find different in quality, actually if it’s not better won’t be worse.

El Ghazi and Nakamba are still playing their part, but if JPB stepped up then he’d easily take El Ghazi place. 

Imagine how will we be financially and also as PR for all bright youngsters?

We don’t need all of those to be superstars, if we got 3 of them to fulfill their potential the couple of them been an ok players to fill the squad, that would help us improving without worry about the squad. We could only look at first team players. 

At the end of the window, I think we’ve done really well. We just need to be sure we don’t go into a relegation battle, and complete our build up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Personally think they missed a trick not going all out for Kane instead of Jack. Now that would have made City unstoppable.

I'm sorry kane is so overrated. He bangs in goals but outside of that offers little else. Yes he led the league in assists but only got 2 after the first 10 or so games. He's also incredibly injury prone and has lost all his acceleration and athleticism before his 30s. Giving him a 5 year contract would be a terrible deal. He isn't van persie or Lewa. 

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

I'm sorry kane is so overrated. He bangs in goals but outside of that offers little else. Yes he led the league in assists but only got 2 after the first 10 or so games. He's also incredibly injury prone and has lost all his acceleration and athleticism before his 30s. Giving him a 5 year contract would be a terrible deal. He isn't van persie or Lewa. 

I disagree. But one for another topic.

33 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

hmmm-thinking.gif

Ignoring the context. He definitely was playing much better than usual to start the season. But remember he got 4 assists in one game. And after teams caught on and he couldn't do shit, he was awful at the Euros as well. Although partly down to cocknose I'm sure. 

13 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

It’s mind blowing that people still have this opinion. 33 goals and 17 assists in all comps last season. Season after season he does it 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47vzglx6vvmhsp1lhknb

• Haha 1

Â