Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

With some players you can tell, I remember watching Grealish a few times around that age albeit only via club tv stream of youth football, but you could tell he was an excellent footballer, the way he seemed so natural with the ball and it all seemed so easy to him made me think he looked like a player that would have been produced in Spain via Barcelona's academy or something, was completely different the way he played to everyone else on the pitch. And then there's Bellingham, you can tell he's going to be a really good player hence the big bids for him. Although obviously it's rare you get youngsters as good as those two.

Besides as I say he might not be on there because of his age, not sure how old you have to be to have scholarship, as far as I know all the others are at least seventeen.

2 minutes ago, Dadster23 said:

The scholars listed are all current “first years” ie soon to be in their second year. Next batch don’t sign until the end of this month.

... apologies, current first and second years are listed. In other words the new ones aren’t on there yet.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, sidcow said:

Are you a Russian bot? 

Couple have popped up recently I think, it's weird. Many football forums have a lot of users though, makes sense to try and infiltrate.

Edited by Tomaszk

Thing is if someone like city or Liverpool or utd came in for him then there will be an element of our fan base who genuinely believe no one had ever heard of him before purslow said what he said

In reality the really big fish have probably scouted our under 12s and know who everyone is anyway 

• Like 4

I've said previously that if it wasn't for Purslow publicly callnig him the best sixteen year old in the country we wouldn't be having all the specualation, but what I meant by that wasn't that Purslow's words will have attracted the 'big clubs',  I'm sure they will already know about him and all our other players, It was more that his words will have been picked up by the media and when they've got word that a youngster is meant to be one of the best in the country they're bound to speculate about him being watched by bigger clubs, even more so because there wasn't much happennig with football because of the lockdown so needed something to write about.

I've no idea if he's going to stay or go, but we've had plenty of rumours of our most promising young acadey players leaving in the past, and usually they stay, only exception I can think of is Dan Crowley, and going further back Daniel Sturridge, but that was nearly twenty years ago now.

21 minutes ago, useless said:

I've said previously that if it wasn't for Purslow publicly callnig him the best sixteen year old in the country we wouldn't be having all the specualation, but what I meant by that wasn't that Purslow's words will have attracted the 'big clubs',  I'm sure they will already know about him and all our other players, It was more that his words will have been picked up by the media and when they've got word that a youngster is meant to be one of the best in the country they're bound to speculate about him being watched by bigger clubs, even more so because there wasn't much happennig with football because of the lockdown so needed something to write about.

I've no idea if he's going to stay or go, but we've had plenty of rumours of our most promising young acadey players leaving in the past, and usually they stay, only exception I can think of is Dan Crowley, and going further back Daniel Sturridge, but that was nearly twenty years ago now.

Purslows name is mud on most Liverpool and Chelsea’s forums - hard to find anyone who have a civil word to say about him - another  poor appointment 

Â