Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't think people were far wrong. We actually got better results against the rest of the bottom seven in the PL last season than we did against the rest of the top seven in the Championship the previous two seasons:

17/18 Villa vs Champ Top 7 - Played 12 Won 5 Drawn 3 Lost 4 AVG: 1.5

18/19 Villa vs Champ Top 7 - Played 12 Won 4 Drawn 3 Lost 5 AVG: 1.25

19/20 Villa vs PL Bottom 7 - Played 12 Won 5 Drawn 4 Lost 3 AVG: 1.58

That's after spending £150m

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rayk said:

Based on your profile piccy I don’t think drinking either way will stop anything.

I’d actually say carry on with another beer........

Good call! Cheers, mate. 🍻

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

That reaction from Noble is quite extraordinary. 

West Ham will struggle again this year. 

Couldn’t agree more.

But they will go into meltdown if they sell Rice as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

That's after spending £150m

Yeh but don’t forget we had to let go of around 60 million pounds worth of players and around 35m pounds worth of signings were already in the team. Our championship team compared to our Premier League team wasn’t a million miles apart.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yeh but don’t forget we had to let go of around 60 million pounds worth of players and around 35m pounds worth of signings were already in the team. Our championship team compared to our Premier League team wasn’t a million miles apart.

Agreed. And while some of the newer players were clearly big improvements (Luiz for Whelan for instance), some were not (Wesley for Abraham).

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Signing players like Wilson instead of players like Wesley is probably more sensible but you simply cannot beat that feeling when a foreign journalist links you to a player you’ve never heard of for 20 million and you head straight over to YouTube to find out who the hell he is. 

That shit is like crack. 

It's The Mystery Box. The player you know is the player you know, but The Mystery Box? The Mystery Box could be anything!

29 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

at the moment smith and purslow aren't the answer

16 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

The men who have taken us from mid table in the Championship to promotion, surviving the first season back up and a cup final in under 2 years aren't the answer? What are you smoking?

I like to criticise as much as the next villa fan (it’s practically a nervous tic at this point) but come on, be realistic. I would have bitten my own arm off for the outcome (despite some individual results) of the last 2 years. They have earned our thanks given where they have brought (and kept) us. If they are not the answer, then I think @beachboys1and I are asking very different questions. 

Edited by Sgl
  • Like 4