Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Yep.

Definitely need a CM IMO.

Sangare from Toulouse the man.

Right you are sir.

Bloody nothing as exciting as a striker you know nothing about. Doesn't have to be foreign though. Just unknown.

_____

If Tarkowski is available from Burnley, we have to get in there.

This plays into my 352 will get us into the top 4 theory but he's just absolutely fantastic. So good. Love Konsa, but Tarkowski is just brilliant. Better than Mings. Better than any centre half in the England squad.

Presumably 20m won't get him. I'd be asking for £40m if I was Burnley.

I guess you like Tarkowski...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Well, no it isn't akin to saying that. Teams not good enough for The Premier League are relegated from it and only the best teams from The Championship get into it so it is clearly weaker than The Premier League. 

Those other leagues have strength at the top end only.  I am pretty sure that most Championship teams would survive mid to lower table in those leagues.   They are well weaker than The PL. 

How come, if those leagues have strength at the top end only, do the mid table PL teams struggle against the mid table teams from the other leagues in the Europa league for example?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I have really warmed to the Diangana proposal. Why hasn’t he had a medical at WBA? They are working themselves up and WHU are also up in arms at him going. We have an interest but how likely is it that we might gazump WBA?

He has signed for WBA

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Batshuayi - DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT 

do it jewish GIF

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Philosopher said:

That's what a title win did for them. If that happened to Villa it would be gutting. Sold the squad for a shed load, barely even a whiff of champions league since!

But thats what we did.....but didn't get the money in fees, just hot rid of the wage bill.

23 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

How come, if those leagues have strength at the top end only, do the mid table PL teams struggle against the mid table teams from the other leagues in the Europa league for example?

Surely mid table teams don’t play in the Europa League unless they’ve won a cup?

4 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

The recruitment team seen to have learnt from their mistakes of bringing in too many foreign-based players this year. All the strong links are for players who are already based in England and can hit the ground running. 

If only it worked that way. Players from the championship for example are of no guarantee of hitting the ground running in the premier league. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, villan-scott said:

Oh dear, Noble not happy that Diangana allowed to leave. They’ll likely be in the relegation mix this season. 

if that's legit that's some serious anger.  To the point I would be surprised if he's still there by the end of the transfer window.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Oh dear, Noble not happy that Diangana allowed to leave. They’ll likely be in the relegation mix this season. 

That will be deleted quite soon I suspect. But - what a shambles, not a happy bunch are they...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

If only it worked that way. Players from the championship for example are of no guarantee of hitting the ground running in the premier league. 

I tend to agree but right now, made in Aston has a point.....we’re not looking at the overseas market seemingly.

i hope we’ll get a mixture.

4 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Love it! :) Hope it turns nasty over there with bitter acrimony between fans, players, manager and owners. Lovely :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

There was a feeling amongst us the year we got promoted That there was not a great deal of difference between the bottom six In the premiership and the top six in the championship. That was very quickly put to bed last year

I don't think people were far wrong. We actually got better results against the rest of the bottom seven in the PL last season than we did against the rest of the top seven in the Championship the previous two seasons:

17/18 Villa vs Champ Top 7 - Played 12 Won 5 Drawn 3 Lost 4 AVG: 1.5

18/19 Villa vs Champ Top 7 - Played 12 Won 4 Drawn 3 Lost 5 AVG: 1.25

19/20 Villa vs PL Bottom 7 - Played 12 Won 5 Drawn 4 Lost 3 AVG: 1.58

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gompedyret said:

For some reason, the first thing I managed to read from that was "clean balls".

Either I need to stop drinking, or I need another beer!

Based on your profile piccy I don’t think drinking either way will stop anything.

I’d actually say carry on with another beer........

• Haha 1