Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Their squad depth is absolutely insane, almost to the point it shouldn’t be allowed. 

There will be a few available in that squad now for sure. 

The front 4 in their ‘B’ team is:

Abraham, Loftus-Cheek, Hudson Odoi, Barkley. 

That could actually be their C team. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

There's nothing wrong with buying foreign players; we just happened to sign poor foreign players last summer. After each failed transfer window we seem to vacillate between the domestic and foreign markets, as if one is better than the other. We just need to recruit some GOOD players for a change, regardless of where they're from.

There is nothing wrong ability-wise with them, but foreign players take longer settle and acclimatise to the PL. Douglas Luiz is a prime example. We didn't see his best until 28 games into the season. If we want to avoid a relegation battle we can Ill afford to wait that long for players to get up to speed. Players (British nationals or settled foreign ones) will have less of a learning curve than ones who are new to the country and style of play. 

Edited by Made In Aston

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Chelsea got havertz for 71m.

they have a net spend of about 150m currently (suppose that isnt too bad tbh)

They must want to sell some players now to recoup some money???, a few good players there who in reality will now be bit part players (Ampadu, Loftus Cheek, Batshuayi.....)

I'd personally have all 3 of those in a heartbeat

7 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Signing players like Wilson instead of players like Wesley is probably more sensible but you simply cannot beat that feeling when a foreign journalist links you to a player you’ve never heard of for 20 million and you head straight over to YouTube to find out who the hell he is. 

That shit is like crack. 

cocaine love GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Signing players like Wilson instead of players like Wesley is probably more sensible but you simply cannot beat that feeling when a foreign journalist links you to a player you’ve never heard of for 20 million and you head straight over to YouTube to find out who the hell he is. 

That shit is like crack. 

It is known. 

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

Didn’t he struggle for game time last year?

Think he was at Leipzig wasn’t he? 

maybe he didn’t settle/adapt to life in Germany ???

regardless, I think he’s a promising player who is pretty versatile and worth a look at - hence a loan with an option to buy.  

12 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

There is nothing wrong ability-wise with them, but foreign players take longer settle and acclimatise to the PL. Douglas Luiz is a prime example. We didn't see his best until 28 games into the season. If we want to avoid a relegation battle we can Ill afford to wait that long for players to get up to speed. Players (British nationals or settled foreign ones) will have less of a learning curve than ones who are new to the country and style of play. 

I think that point is really over-emphasised. In Ashley Young's first 6 months at the club he was a shadow of the player he would become for us. Likewise Milner in 08/09 was nowhere near as good as he was in his second (permanent) season. Any player can take time to settle. The number 1 criterion for players we bring in should be talent, not being English/from an English club

• Like 4

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Think he was at Leipzig wasn’t he? 

maybe he didn’t settle/adapt to life in Germany ???

regardless, I think he’s a promising player who is pretty versatile and worth a look at - hence a loan with an option to buy.  

Think we should just have a team full of Exeter academy graduates to be honest, they seem to be killing it. 

Watkins, Ampadu and Chrisene

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

I think that point is really over-emphasised. In Ashley Young's first 6 months at the club he was a shadow of the player he would become for us. Likewise Milner in 08/09 was nowhere near as good as he was in his second (permanent) season. Any player can take time to settle. The number 1 criterion for players we bring in should be talent, not being English/from an English club

Especially considering that we have a history of buying good foreign players that we call shit after 3 games. Season or two later we eat humble pie.

Vertout, Guaye, Gollini, Luiz, Amavi, and I have a strong feeling Samatta will be on that list.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, villa89 said:

Seems rather worrying that we are not linked with any central midfielders. We definitely need a player there to provide competition for McGinn/Grealish/Luiz. Nakamba, Henry and Conor aren't good enough. 

Yep.

Definitely need a CM IMO.

Sangare from Toulouse the man.

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

That shit is like crack. 

Right you are sir.

Bloody nothing as exciting as a striker you know nothing about. Doesn't have to be foreign though. Just unknown.

_____

If Tarkowski is available from Burnley, we have to get in there.

This plays into my 352 will get us into the top 4 theory but he's just absolutely fantastic. So good. Love Konsa, but Tarkowski is just brilliant. Better than Mings. Better than any centre half in the England squad.

Presumably 20m won't get him. I'd be asking for £40m if I was Burnley.

3 hours ago, useless said:

I like Benrahma but I wouldn't pay much more than £20m for him and I'm not sure many clubs will either, he's kind of overrated on here, if Brentford can get around £25m for him then they will be doing extremely well.

He might be good.....but sounds lightweight to me.

he is no george best and thats when lightweight is ok.

Batshuayi - DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT