Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, quazzie goat said:

Out of curiosity, how do people listing all these players playing abroad know they are actually any good? It’s different when it’s a top tier club like a Madrid or Juventus but just curious outside of that group unless watching lots of foreign football weekly?

Serie A, La Liga, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, CL, Europa League has been available on Swedish pay telly for decades. Anything else one is interested in is available on streams.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

What happens though is we might get relegated with this team, we were bloody lucky last season.  Starting with the same team will also be discouraging as well to key players who was told by Edens we wouldn’t get into this position again.  Imagine Jack who bust his balls thinking he’s got to do it again with no support, it’s draining.

I can't pretend to know what Jack is thinking or feeling but I imagine he'd know who the club is after and why there'd be difficulties and delays trying to sign them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think with all the International friendlies on the Horizon for 4 days from Thursday, we may not actually see much movement or announcements if some of our targets are away on international duty representing their country.

So the club may announce the few Championship signings this week and the International stars next week?

Aren't all of our targets championship players anyway?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

I can't pretend to know what Jack is thinking or feeling but I imagine he'd know who the club is after and why there'd be difficulties and delays trying to sign them. 

Still be draining, still be going out on the pitch with no quality support.  I get what you are saying but we aren’t in the top six looking for that best of the best to make a slight difference/edge we are so far away from that that our options are open to buying quality that will improve us and starting the season with no advancement on that is criminal.  We will sign some players over the coming week or so I’m sure of it but if not and depending on what happens when the window shuts then questions would have to be answered.  I don’t think that’ll be the case because it would be disastrous in our aims.  

20 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you say that? He’s an England international who has played in the Premier League for a number of years. I’d struggle to name a better striker thar we could realistically attain

He's 28 and done his ACL twice, and has had 1 season where he scored double figures in the league.

We need a decent goalscorer. We don't need someone in their late 20s who has a couple of grim injuries in his past and a pretty average record. He's the kind of player toys maybe be ok bringing in to fill out the squad as an option, but at the money he'd demand when we need better, no. No. No.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Chindie said:

He's 28 and done his ACL twice, and has had 1 season where he scored double figures in the league.

We need a decent goalscorer. We don't need someone in their late 20s who has a couple of grim injuries in his past and a pretty average record. He's the kind of player toys maybe be ok bringing in to fill out the squad as an option, but at the money he'd demand when we need better, no. No. No.

We won't be looking at Wilson, it goes against everything the hierarchy have said we are looking to do i.e: young and with potential to develop at the club whilst being a step up in quality to what we have. 

It's just lazy press guff as usual, take no notice, hide away and wait for an actual announcement before judging this window as everyone seems to be judging the club based on press rumors which is comical.

• Like 3

Edouard/Watkins

Grealish

Benrahma?    CM       McGinn

Luiz

Targett         Mings     Konsa       Cash

Heaton

How about a change of system?
4-1-3-1-1 with Jack the closest to the striker? So he can focus on creating and scoring. Or 4-2-2-1-1?

A more narrow system (no wingers) with the full backs bombing on and a strong, physical CM dropping back with Luiz.

We seem a bit lightweight in midfield and I don’t rate Nakamba, not as a starter anyway. Seems too small, lightweight and technically limited for a “destroyer”. Was overpowered easily in many games and poor on the ball (not a good passer). He is good at tackling and interceptions though but should be no more than a sub unless he drastically improves.

We need some flexibility anyhow and were too limited by our poor squad. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Knutserov13 said:

Jeff-Reine Adelaide wants to leave Lyon. Perfect CM for us!?

Don't really know him but on the face of it he looks more attacking, whereas we need an all-rounder to replace Hourihane - unless you drop McGinn back and put this guy in his position

21 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We will be playing the Dean Smith 433/4141 in 99% of games.

Most likely but he may consider a change occasionally after last season’s experience. 

Edouard/Watkins

Grealish  McGinn   CM   Buendia

Luiz

Targett       Mings    Konsa      Cash

Heaton

Without the addition of a strong CM we look really weak/lightweight in midfield.

Even with GrealIsh in the centre of a 4-3-3.

Probably wouldn’t be good to shift McGinn from the first XI so soon and potentially cause unrest but competition is also needed to bring the best out of everyone.