Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

52 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Grealish will be LW methinks. 

I really hope not. Unlike the "wally in the waistcoat", I really don't see Jack as a wide player! He should play in the middle and we should sign two new wide players and a goal scorer, minimum. For me Wilson should not be one of them and certainly not for £30m. That is the sort of price tag that would even make Brentford's eyes water! 

The logical part of my brain thinks getting worried about a transfer situation at this stage is really dumb due to the fact that the window is still open for another month, villa are notoriously quiet when it comes to transfers until it's relatively close and as fans, its completely out of our control whatever happens.

However, I am getting a little worried. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

The logical part of my brain thinks getting worried about a transfer situation at this stage is really dumb due to the fact that the window is still open for another month, villa are notoriously quiet when it comes to transfers until it's relatively close and as fans, its completely out of our control whatever happens.

Yes - I've been very calm about it so far and still think/hope it'll be a positive window by the end, but really would be good to get the ball rolling soon.

29 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Will they? He tore the championship up so much last year that only Luton went in for him. Negative for negatives sake sometimes I think.

Callum OHare and Bree will be in the FIFA XI in 2 years. Classic Villa mistakes 😉😜

5 minutes ago, John said:

I really hope not. Unlike the "wally in the waistcoat", I really don't see Jack as a wide player! He should play in the middle and we should sign two new wide players and a goal scorer, minimum. For me Wilson should not be one of them and certainly not for £30m. That is the sort of price tag that would even make Brentford's eyes water! 

I think he's a very good wide player. People just get weirded out by the word wide. It's possible to play wide and not be a traditional winger. 

Grealish was exceptional wide last season, and his ability to drift inwards and create is utter utter top class. 

Now if Deano wanted him centrally and a winger in on left, I'm not opposed it. I just think it's unlikely we can survive in the PL with a 2 man central midfield of McGinn and Luiz. And pulling Grealish deeper totally negates what he's world class at. 

I also think it's important we keep some consistency in regards what worked for us. Grealish free role left worked. Right wing didn't. Strikers didn't. Central midfield didn't. I'd start a lot of places before moving Jack into central midfield. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't know about that. Most important thing for him now is game time after Bruce tried to **** his career. He is guaranteed that at Luton.
It's a sensible move. I bet he turned down better clubs.

How exactly did Bruce try to **** up hos career? Just because a manager doesn’t play someone doesn’t mean they are trying to ruin a career. 
As for turning down better clubs, that a complete guess and if he backs himself why wouldn’t he take the better proposition?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

The closest we can get to Patrick Viera, no idea who that be though

yes,yes,yes.

I would crawl 50 miles over broken glass just to stick pins in the s*** of a player like that.

But I agree, I would love one.....would give us that strength, particularly away from home.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I think with all the International friendlies on the Horizon for 4 days from Thursday, we may not actually see much movement or announcements if some of our targets are away on international duty representing their country.

So the club may announce the few Championship signings this week and the International stars next week?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think he's a very good wide player. People just get weirded out by the word wide. It's possible to play wide and not be a traditional winger. 

Grealish was exceptional wide last season, and his ability to drift inwards and create is utter utter top class. 

Now if Deano wanted him centrally and a winger in on left, I'm not opposed it. I just think it's unlikely we can survive in the PL with a 2 man central midfield of McGinn and Luiz. And pulling Grealish deeper totally negates what he's world class at. 

I also think it's important we keep some consistency in regards what worked for us. Grealish free role left worked. Right wing didn't. Strikers didn't. Central midfield didn't. I'd start a lot of places before moving Jack into central midfield. 

bang on.

7 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think Jack is best in the middle pushing forward in support of the striker, or if not, in the free role that you mention, but it is a matter of opinion. I would like to see us bring in someone like Buendia who plays wide, but is not a traditional winger to play on the left, instead of Jack. I think 4 quality signings would make a big difference to us, I'm hoping to get the chance to find out this season....

• Like 1