Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

RB Salzburg have shown that you don't need to spend lots of money to get high quality players. Some of the best players in Europe have come through their system. Haaland, Mane are just a couple of the obvious ones that I can think of straight away.

The main objective of this window is getting more speed in to the first 11. 

I've mentioned him in the past so just seen if he's still at Monaco and didn't realise Kamil Glik signed for Benevento a month back. They're back in Serie A with one of the lowest wage bills in the major european leagues.

If they can sign an experienced CB who's played over 100 games for Monaco in last 3 seasons and has 70 + caps for his national team I'm not sure why we keep on saying we can't sign these type of players, he's exactly the sort we need alongside Mings to calm down him down when he gets excited on the ball.

Given Monaco are in loads of financial trouble surely we should be looking at someone like Golovin?

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

He wouldn’t sign with us 

he’d have a melt down seeing trez and Taylor trying to give him service 

His wages would be bigger than the rest of the team put together 

he’s probably past it

and he doesn’t fit the current profile what we’re looking for. 

So I don’t think we’re interested either  

Was merely answering the question on one marque signing, which TRO was suggesting was needed for the club to match its stated ambition. Did not claim that the club are interested or that it fit the clubs transfer policy. 

£70-90 million per year wages. I think not.

His wage could be structured where signing on fee was substantial. In order for wage policy to have some semblance of normal. Would be akin to paying a transfer fee. I don’t believe he’s past it. Our very own Cambiasso.

FWIW I don’t have a problem with the targets that are being suggested in the press. I trust the hierarchy to get the right recruits in to progress to a more mid table footing.

6 hours ago, lexicon said:

It's funny how he looks simultaneously a little clumsy yet incredibly deft. 

Gazza was the same, always looked a little off balance, like the ball was getting away from him, at the end of his outstretched toe and his body was awkwardly trying to catch up, rather than him being over the ball in control. Gazza was all upper body awkwardness, Swift looks like his legs and feet are in charge and his body just follows. Quick feet, has some lovely movement.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Gazza was the same, always looked a little off balance, like the ball was getting away from him, at the end of his outstretched toe and his body was awkwardly trying to catch up, rather than him being over the ball in control. Gazza was all upper body awkwardness, Swift looks like his legs and feet are in charge and his body just follows. Quick feet, has some lovely movement.

spacer.png

I just remembered this guy for some reason! 

• Like 1

After staying up expected some signings that would improve the starting eleven and not linked to players from the championship that will be at best squad players, the likes of swift will just replace Lansbury on the bench at best

Going to be another struggle this season if we don’t get improvements in

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

After staying up expected some signings that would improve the starting eleven and not linked to players from the championship that will be at best squad players, the likes of swift will just replace Lansbury on the bench at best

Going to be another struggle this season if we don’t get improvements in

Your not allowed to have that kind of opinion on here anymore..the happy clappy brigade wont stand for it

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Was merely answering the question on one marque signing, which TRO was suggesting was needed for the club to match its stated ambition. Did not claim that the club are interested or that it fit the clubs transfer policy. 

£70-90 million per year wages. I think not.

His wage could be structured where signing on fee was substantial. In order for wage policy to have some semblance of normal. Would be akin to paying a transfer fee. I don’t believe he’s past it. Our very own Cambiasso.

FWIW I don’t have a problem with the targets that are being suggested in the press. I trust the hierarchy to get the right recruits in to progress to a more mid table footing.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12527410/mcginn-aston-villa-wolves-leicester/

Interesting quotes from McGinn.

“Wes Edens private-messaged a lot of us after West Ham to say congratulations.

“And basically to tell us that the club wasn’t going to rest there.

“He said they’d support us with new players and improve the depth of the squad to kick on.

“The owners made it clear that they want Villa back where we belong, challenging at the top end of English and European football.

“It’s not going to be easy. But we’re behind each other, backing each other. We’re on the same page.”

12 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

I'll believe it when I see it.

(The part where Wes says he'll spend money)

We'll spend money just like  we did last summer. However it's starting to feel like to me we're going to be spending the 80-100m on pretty much every signing as young, lack of top flight experience and just potential.

If we're signing 6 players this summer I have no issue with 3 of them being of that ilk but the other 3 need to be far more proven in a decent league and also a regular for decent international standard team.

That's if we want to be a decent top half team again in the near future anyway. If we're all happy finishing 16-17th for the next 5 years then crack on with what we're doing.

What would get us in the top half imo:

Watkins

Rondon (season long loan)

Rashica

Glik (already signed for Benvento but that sort of experienced CB)

Seamus Coleman

5 signings there that really improve our starting 11. You'd get them for about 60m aswell but for a couple convincing them to come isn't easy as we're seeing with Rashica.

Edited by VillaChris

4 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

They spent £150m last summer. I think we can believe they mean business.

We have all heard these big promises before. Both Lerner and Xia spent big at first. At the start of each reign everyone was convinced we'd be back where we belong in no time. That's why I'm skeptical. Not fear mongering, just skeptical and increasingly nervous with each day that passes without a signing.

Edited by LxYoungAVFC
  • Like 1