Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

So good Championship players aren’t good enough but young players like Ramsey should be used instead? These lads will be brought on progressively and won’t be thrown in or put under pressure by being relied upon. Players like Cash are more advanced on the ladder, they will be more senior members of the squad and as such will help in the younger players development, that’s how these things work. 

People who seem to think that we can find good value in the PL but not in the Championship baffle me. Players of good quality that have already done well in the PL will have starting prices that are at least 50% more than we’d be paying for up and coming Championship players. Up and coming is exactly what we are at the moment and so that will, to a large extent, be the type of player we’re looking at. It’s clear that we’re trying to build a squad and a culture that can grow together throughout the club. This will take some time but the big changes to the backroom staff mark a definite change in the way we are now going to operate. 

Before  FFP wealthy owners could just throw money at a club like Man City did. Wealthy owners are still a desirable thing but if they bring strong business acumen with them that is even better. Leicester is a fine example and although we all like to say that Chelsea have done it all with money, they have also build a very strong club. It’s important that if or when our ownership changes again that they leave a strong legacy and a progressive, sustainable club, not just the play thing of wealthy men that’s left high and dry. 

Then we should be quoting £30m for Targett, but I bet you if LCFC did buy him it’d be £20m tops.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

It's not a negotiation. They wont be keen to sell and they wont haggle. You pay the valuation that is too good to turn down.

And come next year you’d be the first to comment saying we overpaid for everyone

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

ricky gervais laughing GIF

Well you did ask for a signing of intent to match the stated ambition of the club hierarchy, which is to be ‘competing on the European stage’. 

Of course, the question you ask is a trap. Reductio ad absurdum.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Just now, GENTLEMAN said:

Well you did ask for a signing of intent to match the stated ambition of the club hierarchy, which is to be ‘competing on the European stage’. 

Of course, the question you ask is a trap.

He wouldn’t sign with us 

he’d have a melt down seeing trez and Taylor trying to give him service 

His wages would be bigger than the rest of the team put together 

he’s probably past it

and he doesn’t fit the current profile what we’re looking for. 

So I don’t think we’re interested either  

2 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

its all gone quiet on eduard

Maybe quietness is what's needed in the media, would be lovely if we stopped seeing the same crap shoved down our throats day in day out a d that what was being shoved down our throats was actually real.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

@Made In Aston

This old fart hasn't got a clue i wouldn't waste your time mate.

He probably thinks The Timewarp dance is cool!

Absolutely no clue

When you decide to come down from the lofty heights of being a mickey mouse scout I will let you know about having a clue son.

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

For a “Championship player” I like this kid. Lots of pace, can run all game, nice cross. Can see him improving in the prem 

Best player on the pitch in the play-off final, imo. 

I think in a strange way we've kind of played ourself by drastically reducing our wage bill and not handing out stupid contracts. we can't attract the players we need to significantly improve our squad. Birmingham isn't attractive (sorry) and the calibre of player we should be signing can take their pick of Premier League clubs, so the PL isn't a factor either. We can't lure them with silly money because we'd be **** over our loyal players like McGinn, Mings and Grealish, who are on peanuts compared to similar players from other teams. We'd have to give them all new contracts before we buy someone and offer them 150k/week just to lure them here, otherwise there would be an uproar in the camp.

I'm not saying we should hand out silly contracts but what else can we realistically offer that our competitors cannot?

• Like 1

No chance of Édouard if we're signing Watkins, probably wouldn't be much chance of him even if we don't get Watkins as he'll have clubs in and around Europe wanting him. If we bring in another striker in addtion to Watkins I think it would more likely be someone like Brewster on loan, or Obafemi, basically a cheaper option but with potential to get better.

• Like 1