Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, beachboys1 said:

ex villa staff put on twiter grealish handed in request because of not being selected

Fake ITK, who has said they are fake ITK, is still going?

Impressive dedication to, errrr.... something.  Life?  No, not that.  Hmmmm.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Agree with pretty much all of that but Carew was known throughout europe for what he'd done at Valencia and had played in many euro countries. Was out of favour for some reason at Lyon but he was still only about 27 when we got him.

In terms of worldwide reputation he was more known than likes of Bent and Milner.

I was talking more about the fact that he hadn't played in the PL at that point, all of the others we'd seen performing well in the PL or old Div1 in their past. I know he had done well for Valencia and had gone a long way with them in the CL, and he was certainly a big name on the European stage. I suppose to a lesser extent you could say Luc Nilis was like that too although he was about 32 when he came. I think he would have been a star by the way, for a season or two.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChinlessWonder said:

I was talking more about the fact that he hadn't played in the PL at that point, all of the others we'd seen performing well in the PL or old Div1 in their past. I know he had done well for Valencia and had gone a long way with them in the CL, and he was certainly a big name on the European stage. I suppose to a lesser extent you could say Luc Nilis was like that too although he was about 32 when he came. I think he would have been a star by the way, for a season or two.

True but same could be said about Chelsea signing Ruud Gullit or Arsenal signing Bergkamp but they were known and hugely respected worldwide and changed perceptions about signing for those two clubs in the mid 90s.

Juninho signing would've been another and also Robbie Keane, bit younger but one of the best young players in U.K when we nearly signed him in 1999.

4 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Incidentally when did Villa ever make a 'statement signing'? Don't hold your breath it won't happen this season...I think we are struggling to attract players.

1 hour ago, CosmicVillan said:

Dean Saunders.  I remember Big Ron coming on the pitch to tell the fans over the P.A. he was coming

I remember it like yesterday.

Funny enough we were just talking this a week or so ago in the Grealish thread in how his whole move to Villa came about.

Back then Big Ron took to the pitch with the mic and asked for patience, reinforcements were arriving.

And they did just that a week or so later - Dean Saunders arrived becoming Villas record signing.

Wouldn't it be strange to see a similar scenario develop this window!?

I would echo the same response as Big Ron.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

We got Robbie in the end, albeit 12 years too late. I was there in the Wolves end (sitting on my hands) when he banged in those 2 at Molinuex in the 3-2 win. Brilliant.

I agree that if we'd signed Bent instead of Heskey at that point, we would certainly have had more points on the board that season!

12 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

ex villa staff put on twiter grealish handed in request because of not being selected

Weird that they told him about it so quickly. My ex employers rarely rush to tell me about commercially sensitive goings on. 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

You started questioning if the new sporting director, who has only been in the job a few weeks, is finding things too difficult. 

Based on nothing. 

In other threads you demand evidence and legit sources. 

Like i said, it's strange. 

Errr, based on we haven’t signed anyone yet and we are only one of six clubs not to have signed a first team player having escaped  relegation by the skin of our teeth.

If you look in the same interview that DS says he delayed his holiday for a week to explicitly tell Lange the player criteria he wants he also mentions Luiz and how it took the lockdown period for Luiz to truly get match fit......and how he doesn’t want to repeat that this time round.

Now if you want to disagree with my point, it might help to say something valuable......like negotiating £25m-£30m transfers takes longer or something rather than simply having a pop at me.

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

Errr, based on we haven’t signed anyone yet and we are only one of six clubs not to have signed a first team player having escaped  relegation by the skin of our teeth.

If you look in the same interview that DS says he delayed his holiday for a week to explicitly tell Lange the player criteria he wants he also mentions Luiz and how it took the lockdown period for Luiz to truly get match fit......and how he doesn’t want to repeat that this time round.

Now if you want to disagree with my point, it might help to say something valuable......like negotiating £25m-£30m transfers takes longer or something rather than simply having a pop at me.

Alright mate we know you like making your point but you don't have to post it 3 times :D

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Alright mate we know you like making your point but you don't have to post it 3 times :D

Haha, sorry that’s worse than SHOUTING IN CAPS LOCK lol

(Technical glitch but apologies all the same). 👍