Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

6 minutes ago, rayk said:
  Reveal hidden contents

In the Bundesliga this season Rashica spent 

1,114 minutes as a CF/ST
553 minutes as a LW
468 minutes as a CAM/SS

So do you think we are reportedly interested in him as a CF/ST/SS rather than as a wide player (if so predominantly LW)?

And do you think he’d get the nod over Jack for the AM role?

Me neither....so that’s why I reckon he’s being brought in (assuming he is) as a LW.

Based on the way we played this year, I'd imagine he's being brought in to play a lot of different roles. 

I like Konsa but I don't really agree with the motion that he should be guaranteed a starting place and is better than many prospective signings mentioned based off the last 4 or so games of the season. Honestly he was probably Antonio finishing that chance on the last game away from being public enemy number one for sending us down.

Obviously the bulk of our spend needs to be in forward areas and rightly so, but I'd love if we could also get a couple of bodies in defensive positions because over the course of the season we were just as bad defensively as the other end of the pitch.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, rayk said:
  Reveal hidden contents

In the Bundesliga this season Rashica spent 

1,114 minutes as a CF/ST
553 minutes as a LW
468 minutes as a CAM/SS

So do you think we are reportedly interested in him as a CF/ST/SS rather than as a wide player (if so predominantly LW)?

And do you think he’d get the nod over Jack for the AM role?

Me neither....so that’s why I reckon he’s being brought in (assuming he is) as a LW.

*Edit* I also reckon playing as on the left of a front 3 in a 3-4-3 counts as a CF/ST btw.

Played primarily LW last season where he performed slightly better but if we play with watkins having them rotate and Jack drifting out wide could cause chaos. 

Based on the way we played this year, I'd imagine he's being brought in to play a lot of different roles. 

The fact that he can play LW or AM is great.

By the way, on the stats you posted I reckon that playing on the left side of a front three in a 3-4-3 counts as minutes under the CF/ST definition as no way have Werder Bremen mainly played Rashica as a central CF/ST this season.

Why? Because that central CF/ST role is where Yuya Osaka plays.

If we sign Rashica I don't think there's any chance that we're then going to go and spend big money on another winger, we won't be buying both him and Buendia, that would probably take up close to half our transfer allowance. Grealish and Rashica would be first choice wide forwards, with Trezeguet and El Ghazi as back up options, maybe if one of those two leave we'll bring in another winger but doubt it would be an expensive option. Also if Watkins signs he can also play on the wing.

I think people are getting too fixated with play-maker types, we need big investment in other areas too, desperatley so in midfield, when you look at it we've only really got two genuinely decent central-midfielders McGinn and Luiz, and even with those there are slight question marks, can JM7 get back to his form previous to his injuries and will Luiz be able to continue his good form since returning from lockdown.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, useless said:

If we sign Rashica I don't think there's any chance that we're then going to go and spend big money on another winger, we won't be buying both him and Buendia, that would probably take up close to half our transfer allowance. Grealish and Rashica would be first choice wide forwards, with Trezeguet and El Ghazi as back up options, maybe if one of those two leave we'll bring in another winger but doubt it would be an expensive option. Also if Watkins signs he can also play on the wing.

I think people are getting too fixated with play-maker types, we need big investment in other areas too, desperatley so in midfield, when you look at it we've only really got two genuinely decent central-midfielders McGinn and Luiz, and even with those there are slight question marks, can JM7 get back to his form previous to his injuries and will Luiz be able to continue his good form since returning from lockdown.

Depends if we intend to play grealish in the centre or not. If we are we need a RW. 

1 minute ago, useless said:

SJM is golden & no doubt he’ll back to his best with fitness. Luiz is turning into the player we all thought he could be - apparently because over lockdown someone thought to tell him what “man on” means... How TF did that happen??!  Nakamba, according to the stats In the thread  has more potential than we realised, again a coaching issue.

Yes another CM would be great, but if we hose most of our budget on three quality forwards (and Reina for a season until Heaton is better) I’ll be over the moon. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, useless said:

Eh? I see the complete opposite if we sign Rashica you are almost guaranteed to be getting another wide forward and spending money than CAN bring in quality players, Jack will be moved back into the middle and allowed to roam to knit it all together.

Just now, paul514 said:

Because it appears no one wants to pay his fee.....

I’m not sure that’s going to matter too much if he really wants to force his way out of the club, which wouldn’t surprise me seeing as he has already stayed during the bad times and kind of done his duty and earned his move now. 

12 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

With all the various forms of bidding that now make up the modern recruitment process, does anyone know if we have experts in particular types of bidding. I’d assume the new guys will be well versed in preparing, considering, weighing up etc, but do we have people with the technical know how to launch, table, slap in etc. Add to that the various forms of bid to be delivered, for example the huge bid, the outrageous bid, the good old fashioned shock bid and everyone’s favourite the cheeky bid and it must be asked, do we have the personnel in place to cover all of this? The last thing we need is to be caught out like last summer and need to get in too many launchers,  tablers, swoopers in etc to cover all positions. Personally I think we should just go for a top quality slapper, but perhaps that’s just me?

We're well stocked with bid considerers, preparers and revisers but are woefully short on launchers.   We're supposedly looking to swoop in for one of Liverpool's bench launchers but, Catch-22, don't have anyone to launch the bid to get him.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, useless said:

ditto.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I’m not sure that’s going to matter too much if he really wants to force his way out of the club, which wouldn’t surprise me seeing as he has already stayed during the bad times and kind of done his duty and earned his move now. 

Everyone has a value and if it isn't met he isn't moving.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Spoony said:

See Zaha last season. If no club is paying he won't go. Besides, he has plenty of time to move. He'll be at this level or better for another 5 years at least I'd imagine. His next move needs to be absolutely right, it wouldn't hurt to survey the scene for another year while his profile grows even more. It would be a huge shame if he followed in the footsteps of the last 2 players we sold to top 6 clubs.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Eh? I see the complete opposite if we sign Rashica you are almost guaranteed to be getting another wide forward and spending money than CAN bring in quality players, Jack will be moved back into the middle and allowed to roam to knit it all together.

Agree Jack's passing in midfield would be amazing for two new wingers and a striker, I think buying two Wingers and a striker are without a doubt priority. Having jack back in midfield would be best for the team despite how effective he has been at playing in the left this season.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

I’m not sure why you’ve all decided Grealish is staying...it’s all a bit moot on that front

Maybe because he doesnt want to leave while the club is moving in right direction.

Seriously why go to the top clubs to get last 15 minutes of game time because your third or fourth choice possibly beyond?? Everyone going on about he needs champion league football, it's not very good getting the final moment of a champions league game. Dont think Grealish would ever settle for being 2nd, 3rd or 4th fiddle to other players when you have certainly shown your more than good enough on the pitch to place first choice in a starting eleven.

When you look at fans or pundits support for other clubs giving the "why Grealish should leave Villa", you only get one main reason which is (European football), however you ask a Villa fan why he should remain at the club and you get tons of reason as to why Jack should stay at Villa.

I'd love to see a (yes to stay) or (no just go) reasons post to see how many reasons people can think why Grealish should stay or leave, bet it would massively sway in favour of Jack staying at Villa.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2