Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

We need another quality CB alongside Mings To shore up the back line. Konsa and Mings are still somewhat inexperienced so id like us to go for Tarkowski. Played for Smith at Brentford. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

Rashica       Watkins/Wesley      Buendia

Grealish

Luiz                 McGinn

Targett      Mings       Konsa       Guilbert

Would be the most threatening side going forward in the better part of a decade.

• Like 1

Just now, Paulie said:

Grealish

Would be the most threatening side going forward in the better part of a decade.

New RB please obvs. 

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Last season Grealish played ten times in central midfield, he didn't score in those ten games and we only won one of them, this idea of him being better there is a complete and utter myth, a fantasy in people's heads. Why on earth would we move him from the left wing when he was one of the best players in the league in that position.

You could argue though that playing him centrally was because the team was restricted as a unit due to the personnel. That's the only reason he needs to be there is due to the lack of options currently. I think better players out wide will allow us to stretch teams more, also allowing for a more free roaming Grealish centrally. 

I think any agreement regarding him staying if that happens will be on the basis of him moving back to the middle. I hope so because it will more than likely mean we have serious options out wide.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, rayk said:

Agreed and the ‘doesn’t do much on Twitter’ was a big plus for me.....ie not retweeting the slightest rumour or crypto ITK type tweets.

Would be a great first signing to help persuade Jack to stay and moving him to AM 👍.

As Rashica is predominately a LW, can’t see Benrahma coming too if the rumour is true.

In the Bundesliga this season Rashica spent 

1,114 minutes as a CF/ST
553 minutes as a LW
468 minutes as a CAM/SS

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

You could argue though that playing him centrally was because the team was restricted as a unit due to the personnel. That's the only reason he needs to be there is due to the lack of options currently. I think better players out wide will allow us to stretch teams more, also allowing for a more free roaming Grealish centrally. 

I think any agreement regarding him staying if that happens will be on the basis of him moving back to the middle. I hope so because it will more than likely mean we have serious options out wide.  

Spot on.

34 minutes ago, useless said:

Last season Grealish played ten times in central midfield, he didn't score in those ten games and we only won one of them, this idea of him being better there is a complete and utter myth, a fantasy in people's heads. Why on earth would we move him from the left wing when he was one of the best players in the league in that position.

He didn't score from central midfield? The relegation threatened team he played for didn't win often? Jack out.

12 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

In the Bundesliga this season Rashica spent 

1,114 minutes as a CF/ST
553 minutes as a LW
468 minutes as a CAM/SS

Another player who can play in several areas up top and wide.

This is what we want, as with Watkins.

The interchanging and confusing teams.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

In the Bundesliga this season Rashica spent 

1,114 minutes as a CF/ST
553 minutes as a LW
468 minutes as a CAM/SS

So do you think we are reportedly interested in him as a CF/ST/SS rather than as a wide player (if so predominantly LW)?

And do you think he’d get the nod over Jack for the AM role?

Me neither....so that’s why I reckon he’s being brought in (assuming he is) as a LW.

*Edit* I also reckon playing as on the left of a front 3 in a 3-4-3 counts as a CF/ST btw.

Edited by rayk
Afterthought.

51 minutes ago, John said:

I would have thought that we would have already had at least a couple of targets, for them to work on bringing into the club. We can't afford to miss players that would make a difference, whilst they are getting their feet under the table, in my opinion.

I would agree and also would think that these guys have huge databases on all kinds of players. I doubt that they’d be starting from scratch on many if any  players. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Paulie said:

Grealish

Swap Targett for Henry and Guilbert for Aaron's and I'd be delighted. Only way I could be happier is if we swapped konsa for either tuanzube or tomori.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

Swap Targett for Henry and Guilbert for Aaron's and I'd be delighted. Only way I could be happier is if we swapped konsa for either tuanzube or tomori.

I think Konsa is better than both of them tbh. Also think Targett and Guilbert are just fine for us. Wouldn't mind Henry to push for a starting place though.

• Like 3