Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You're late mate.

We've already done our digging.

He is indeed reputable.

Doesn;t do much on twitter but he is verified on Facebook where he has posted the same thing.

_20200813_000012.JPG

Damn multiple threads! I came here first because I didn’t think anything was happening! :crylaugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I find it hard to believe the Tammy thing is a goer. If I was Chelsea I would want huge money for Tammy. I don’t see us spending such a big % of the budget on one player when we still have several areas that need strengthening. One thing I haven’t seen mentioned on the Jack IG post is whether the secret agent thing refers to another Chelsea player coming to us ie Tammy has put a good word in. No idea who... Tomori maybe? 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I just realised there is a firesale on at Valencia as their financed are f*cked according to the president, basically the whole squad is up for sale?

What do they have available and who should we be looking at?

I'm preparing a lowball bid for Carlos Soler as I type this just to see how firesale this firesale is.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Statistically, Jack had his best season ever as a footballer in 19/20.  Most goals scored, key passes, successful dribbles all while playing the majority of the season wide left. His assist number was one off his career high but we can put that down to the lack of quality in our attacking options. 

If Jack had spent the whole season in a wide left free role and we upgrade our right wing and forward options he easily gets 10G/10A.  Only 3 players got 10G/10A this past season KDB, Salah, and Son. Then add in his usual #s for chances created and successful dribbles and you have one of the elite all around attackers in the premier league. 

You put Jack in a top flight midfield and it immediately becomes light weight.  We saw that with pretty much every game he played in the middle. Teams played right through us. Doesn't make sense to move one of the best attackers out of the position he flourished in. I attached his WhoScored positional rating. The differential is staggering. 

SmartSelect_20200812-163314_Chrome.jpg

Jack was statistically better in a side that had £140m spent on it, compared to the previous 2 seasons when he was playing with lesser players and was out injured for 2-3 months each season?

shocked conan japan GIF by Team Coco

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, romavillan said:

New Sporting Director and Head of Recruitment too. We can't expect them to start their roles and inside the space of a few days players to start signing.

I would have thought that we would have already had at least a couple of targets, for them to work on bringing into the club. We can't afford to miss players that would make a difference, whilst they are getting their feet under the table, in my opinion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Such an amateur... you need to consider your bid before you prepare the bid. 

#basics 

This is a great point, and as a result, I'm now tabling my bid and reconsidering before I decide whether to reprepare the bid.

He is indeed reputable.

Doesn;t do much on twitter

Agreed and the ‘doesn’t do much on Twitter’ was a big plus for me.....ie not retweeting the slightest rumour or crypto ITK type tweets.

Would be a great first signing to help persuade Jack to stay and moving him to AM 👍.

As Rashica is predominately a LW, can’t see Benrahma coming too if the rumour is true.

• Like 2

Last season Grealish played ten times in central midfield, he didn't score in those ten games and we only won one of them, this idea of him being better there is a complete and utter myth, a fantasy in people's heads. Why on earth would we move him from the left wing when he was one of the best players in the league in that position.

• Like 3

Strangely enough, I don’t think we’re in for Benrahma. All the talk of Watkins would have included a nod to Benrahma at some point. For example, when Percy tweeted about Watkins, you’d have thought he’d mention him. 

I think we’re in for Watkins, Rashica and probably 2 more players after that. Probably a right winger and a central midfielder/right back. 

I fully expect us to loan a keeper until Heaton returns. 

• Like 2

Just now, useless said:

Last season Grealish played ten times in central midfield, he didn't score in those ten games and we only won one of them, this idea of him being better there is a complete and utter myth, a fantasy in people's heads. Why on earth would we move him from the left wing when he was one of the best players in the league in that position.

Who’s to say he wouldn’t be even better centrally with two decent wingers either side of him creating more space for him around the edge of the box? 

Grealish is good enough to play anywhere but if we do sign Rashica then I fully expect him to be playing centrally next season. 

• Like 1