Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I just realised there is a firesale on at Valencia as their financed are f*cked according to the president, basically the whole squad is up for sale?

What do they have available and who should we be looking at?

FM and Twitter dipshits tell me Lee Kang-In is the one. Left footed right winger. Be interested to hear from someone who has actually watched him play.

Wasn't it Maxi Gomez we were linked to last summer?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I just noticed the #secretagent

He shouldn’t really do things like this. I know it’s all a bit of fun but some younger fans can take this kind of thing very seriously. They will be heart broken when it doesn’t happen. 

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

tenor.gif?itemid=11098164

Poor lad...

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

Don't think there's much chance of us wanting to replace Targett ergo ego can't see us being in for Henry, if he moves he will want to go somewhere where he's going to be first choice, and doubt that we're in the position where we can spend the money it would take to buy him on a back-up option. Percy said that we will be going for a right-back and that's what I expect will happen.

He shouldn’t really do things like this. I know it’s all a bit of fun but some younger fans can take this kind of thing very seriously. They will be heart broken when it doesn’t happen. 

If they are villa fans they need to get used to heartbreak at some point anyway. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

ManUre fans probably think he’s trying to convince Tammy to join him at United 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rayk said:

But would you rather keep SJM and lose Jack by saying to him ‘we don’t care about your England ambitions as an AM, we’re playing you LW.....like it or lump it’?

I’d rather play Jack in his best position because he’s our best player by far. If that means SJM has to ‘take one for the team’ and play a more defensive role then so be it.

If he can’t but the front four are creating and scoring goals and so SJM becomes the weak link.....then he should be dropped. It’s football and it’s tough at the top!

(By the way, ManC wouldn’t activate the clause on the back of 8-10 games. If he continues in that rich vein of form all this season then I definitely think they will.)

Statistically, Jack had his best season ever as a footballer in 19/20.  Most goals scored, key passes, successful dribbles all while playing the majority of the season wide left. His assist number was one off his career high but we can put that down to the lack of quality in our attacking options. 

If Jack had spent the whole season in a wide left free role and we upgrade our right wing and forward options he easily gets 10G/10A.  Only 3 players got 10G/10A this past season KDB, Salah, and Son. Then add in his usual #s for chances created and successful dribbles and you have one of the elite all around attackers in the premier league. 

You put Jack in a top flight midfield and it immediately becomes light weight.  We saw that with pretty much every game he played in the middle. Teams played right through us. Doesn't make sense to move one of the best attackers out of the position he flourished in. I attached his WhoScored positional rating. The differential is staggering. 

SmartSelect_20200812-163314_Chrome.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

One would hope that is the case every window.

I would doubt most windows before covid 19 most premier league clubs and teams in top divisions in their countries would have the same financial issues they now face. Half a season with no crowds, less tv money less advertising and players on contracts which were affordable may now become very unaffordable.

So getting players wages off their books and getting money through the door may well now be a priority for some clubs who don't have rich owners willing to keep funding.

Previously if a decent player came available there could be 4 or more clubs going for them. Now it may be 1 or 2 clubs going for them.

9 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Statistically, Jack had his best season ever as a footballer in 19/20.  Most goals scored, key passes, successful dribbles all while playing the majority of the season wide left. His assist number was one off his career high but we can put that down to the lack of quality in our attacking options. 

If Jack had spent the whole season in a wide left free role and we upgrade our right wing and forward options he easily gets 10G/10A.  Only 3 players got 10G/10A this past season KDB, Salah, and Son. Then add in his usual #s for chances created and successful dribbles and you have one of the elite all around attackers in the premier league. 

You put Jack in a top flight midfield and it immediately becomes light weight.  We saw that with pretty much every game he played in the middle. Teams played right through us. Doesn't make sense to move one of the best attackers out of the position he flourished in. I attached his WhoScored positional rating. The differential is staggering. 

SmartSelect_20200812-163314_Chrome.jpg

Indeed. The only reason I can see for putting jack back in the middle is some sort of enticement to make him stay.

80s and 90s there were a whole series of great no 10s - the idea that you're best player should play there is still a popular thought today....

When I were a lad (yawn) everyone wanted to be a centre forward and wear the number 9 shirt.....

You put Jack in a top flight midfield and it immediately becomes light weight.  We saw that with pretty much every game he played in the middle. Teams played right through us. Doesn't make sense to move one of the best attackers out of the position he flourished in. I attached his WhoScored positional rating. The differential is staggering. 

But those stats are based on not having the right players around Jack so he can thrive at AM.

If the reports of a £100m transfer kitty are true, it makes more sense to put those right players around him so he can play at AM than lose him.

51 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I just realised there is a firesale on at Valencia as their financed are f*cked according to the president, basically the whole squad is up for sale?

What do they have available and who should we be looking at?

Coquelin would've been a good pick up with his prem experience from Arsenal, joined Villareal for 8m yesterday so close enough.

Kondogbia would be an amazing get but will be loads of interest from CL and europa teams.

Maxi Gomez a year on would be good but he'll probably stay in Spain.

I've mentioned him many times but as a short term option Kevin Gamiero would be a good pick up for a year or two. 33 but scored 40 goals in 90 games for Sevilla not so long ago.

2 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Is he of any repute whatsoever? Doesn’t matter, he seems to think that we are in the lead for Rashica though so I’ll chose to believe it :D

No idea. Gathering a bit of pace on twitter. Tbh, the photo thing with Nakamba and the previous links to the player, I’ll be surprised if we’re not in for him.

I think this one has legs, guys. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

No idea. Gathering a bit of pace on twitter. Tbh, the photo thing with Nakamba and the previous links to the player, I’ll be surprised if we’re not in for him.

I think this one has legs, guys. 

Next Wednesday then?