Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

With all this plotting to offer, planning to offer getting ready to offer, waiting to offer, weighing up an offer.....

Maybe a rethink is on the cards from the top ? 

Get accountants in to look through all clubs recorded accounts or educated guesstimates of clubs accounts and projected earnings for this coming season for clubs whose players we may want.

Instead of celtic demanding 35 or 40 million for a player, if the accounts show they are in deap do do, more chance of negotiation for a more realistic price. The club get the cash in the bank and we get a player for less than the 'rate'.

Just an idea....

• Like 1

You could sign all the 30 million pound wingers you want and that issue would remain. We would need a Kante level DM to accommodate Jack and John playing together in a midfield 3. Douglas is great but if he was at that level, ManC would have already activated that buyback clause. 

You want Grealish in the midfield, sign a strong, alethic box to box midfielder like Mckinnie. Pair that signing with Jack and Douglas and you have a top ten Prem level midfield. I'm a huge fan of McGinn, so for me Jack needs to stay out wide so we can fit both in our starting 11. 

But would you rather keep SJM and lose Jack by saying to him ‘we don’t care about your England ambitions as an AM, we’re playing you LW.....like it or lump it’?

I’d rather play Jack in his best position because he’s our best player by far. If that means SJM has to ‘take one for the team’ and play a more defensive role then so be it.

If he can’t but the front four are creating and scoring goals and so SJM becomes the weak link.....then he should be dropped. It’s football and it’s tough at the top!

(By the way, ManC wouldn’t activate the clause on the back of 8-10 games. If he continues in that rich vein of form all this season then I definitely think they will.)

Edited by rayk
Afterthought & typo.

8 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

With all this plotting to offer, planning to offer getting ready to offer, waiting to offer, weighing up an offer.....

Maybe a rethink is on the cards from the top ? 

Get accountants in to look through all clubs recorded accounts or educated guesstimates of clubs accounts and projected earnings for this coming season for clubs whose players we may want.

Instead of celtic demanding 35 or 40 million for a player, if the accounts show they are in deap do do, more chance of negotiation for a more realistic price. The club get the cash in the bank and we get a player for less than the 'rate'.

Just an idea....

One would hope that is the case every window.

I know it’s just press talk, but if Rico Henry is really available for £5m then he’d be a steal. Only just turned 23 and played plenty of games despite his injuries over the years.

If he played lower Ligue 1 / upper Ligue 2 It’d be double that much much more risk involved (and i’m a big fan of of scouting players outside of the UK).

Cant see us getting Benrahma, Watkins and Henry. Can’t see us getting both Benrahma and Watkins but I can see us getting one of Benrahma or Watkins plus Henry.

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

I know it’s just press talk, but if Rico Henry is really available for £5m then he’d be a steal. Only just turned 23 and played plenty of games despite his injuries over the years.

If he played lower Ligue 1 / upper Ligue 2 It’d be double that much much more risk involved (and i’m a big fan of of scouting players outside of the UK).

Cant see us getting Benrahma, Watkins and Henry. Can’t see us getting both Benrahma and Watkins but I can see us getting one of Benrahma or Watkins plus Henry.

Would like all 3. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

£10 says the answer on Henry is something along the lines of him being good, but they've already signed a replacement that should develop to be a better player and no way would they sell for £5m, expect it to be £10m plus.

£20m surely?!

• Haha 1

Out of the three I would Rico Henry first choice then Watkins & Benrahma. All Three  would be great though! Cantwell is an Interesting link as he would offer something different to what we have. Would love Buendia over Eze myself as less risk attached for similar fees.