Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Quality player from what I've seen watching La Liga.  Sad we're not in for him.

At this point, I'm beginning to wonder who we are in for.

I sincerely hope it's the new backroom team getting caught up to speed and putting together an ambitious plan.

I thought Jack looked (sometimes) as if he had the world on his shoulders.

Id like us to sign players that take the pressure off him, players that show for the ball and have good movement. They would also need to be able to take over the job of carrying the side when he is not his normal self.

that's the job description,should be easy enough....off you go recruitment department put that into your algorithm. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

OK so the Grealish left or centre argument is a simple one really.

In a team not seeing a lot of possession with no threat out wide, Jack has to play left. However if the team has quality on the wings without Jack playing left, and if that team gets a lot of possession you want Jack in the middle.

If you are ambitious the you sign 2 quality widemen and move Jack to the centre.  If you lack ambition you keep Jack left and pray no one decides to offer close to the asking price, because lets be serious here; Jack will not want to be here if we fail to show ambition and even more so if he can't play his favourite position.

We don't really have a choice.  Buy a quality front 3 and have Jack in the 8 / 10 role.

The Rachica link makes a lot of sense we definitely want him, he is perfect for our left. Particularly if you see Watkins and Wesley as our Centre forwards. It was mentioned in his thread that Rachica like to drift inside, run the inside left channel and break the offside trap. When you have a guy doing that they feed well of a link / Target man. When you factor the lack of pace our front line currently has, and how much we need a wide men like that it makes more sense. Then if you add in the fact Jack tends to drift left when played centrally you can see a lovely synergy on the left and centre attacking areas. If you factor in Watkins can play play on either wing as well as up front the movement and unpredictability of such an attacking forward line becomes apparent.

Then all we need is Buendia to play on the right, and we have a potentially top 6 standard attacking unit. You have 2 goal threats with a pace and power combination, and both technically proficient. 2 creators, one the most fouled player in the league that can dictate and control a game. The other adept at set pieces that has a chance creation record almost as good as Jacks and plays in our problem position. 

Plus all that for around 75m sounds like a plan!

Rashica/Benrahma, Watkins & Buendia/Sarr with Grealish in the middle would be the dog’s wanger of a window. Need to sort out the keeper situation too but anything on top of that is a bonus. 

1 hour ago, MJ_1874 said:

Some more potential young targets across Europe (Italy, England, Germany, Spain).  Combined stats for all < 25 showing defensive contribution (Adj DA 90).  DMs first. 

I am as surprised as anyone to see Marvelous making the list.  Definitely potential to be a good DM if he can continue to adjust to pace of premier league.  Billing is really high up and could be a good addition.

image.png.7ab13f3faaec90da9adc7745d86c8e6a.png 

Fantastic bit of data this...

Shows that Villa need to learn their lessons from Idrissa Gueye and keep hold of Nakamba to let him flourish in his second season. We could have the DM we need sat at the club already with a little more nurturing... Not saying that we shouldn't be looking for another DM as well for squad purposes but judging by this there is scope for him to become a very good player. 

PS: Good to see that Spurs' new signing Hojberg is good for a couple of howlers! (look at his errors per 90 score :D )

5 minutes ago, Awol said:

Rashica/Benrahma, Watkins & Buendia/Sarr with Grealish in the middle would be the dog’s wanger of a window. Need to sort out the keeper situation too but anything on top of that is a bonus. 

I'd like some serious competition at right back as well to make it the perfect window. 

We had a lot of business to do in a short space of time last year. This time we need to sign around 4 quality players and we have enough time to get it done.

We don't appear to be doing anything significant as yet, so i do hope we're acting like a swan, smooth on top, but paddling like hell underneath!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MJ_1874 said:

Some more potential young targets across Europe (Italy, England, Germany, Spain).  Combined stats for all < 25 showing defensive contribution (Adj DA 90).  DMs first. 

I am as surprised as anyone to see Marvelous making the list.  Definitely potential to be a good DM if he can continue to adjust to pace of premier league.  Billing is really high up and could be a good addition.

image.png.7ab13f3faaec90da9adc7745d86c8e6a.png 

dude, do the same for attacking midfielders/wingers :)

2 minutes ago, John said:

We had a lot of business to do in a short space of time last year. This time we need to sign around 4 quality players and we have enough time to get it done.

We don't appear to be doing anything significant as yet, so i do hope we're acting like a swan, smooth on top, but paddling like hell underneath!

New Sporting Director and Head of Recruitment too. We can't expect them to start their roles and inside the space of a few days players to start signing.

1 minute ago, John said:

I was gonna take that somewhere dark but it's far too early. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

The position he really dislikes most? No he hasn't. He did say in an interview with Carra/Nev that he prefers CM as he's a bit more involved.

He also said a few years back that he believed his natural position is on the left of a front three.

If his goals and assists are going up on the LW I'm sure he'd be more than happy to continue playing there.

Yes he has, you obviously haven't seen the interview on Villa TV. 

10 minutes ago, Awol said:

I don't really have an issue with any of the players you've listed there, and I hope we get one or two of them, but without some steel added to the midfield, I see that team getting overrun in the middle of the park.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JamieZ said:

I don't really have an issue with any of the players you've listed there, and I hope we get one or two of them, but without some steel added to the midfield, I see that team getting overrun in the middle of the park.

Even with Luiz in there too?

28 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

OK so the Grealish left or centre argument is a simple one really.

In a team not seeing a lot of possession with no threat out wide, Jack has to play left. However if the team has quality on the wings without Jack playing left, and if that team gets a lot of possession you want Jack in the middle.

If you are ambitious the you sign 2 quality widemen and move Jack to the centre.  If you lack ambition you keep Jack left and pray no one decides to offer close to the asking price, because lets be serious here; Jack will not want to be here if we fail to show ambition and even more so if he can't play his favourite position.

We don't really have a choice.  Buy a quality front 3 and have Jack in the 8 / 10 role.

The Rachica link makes a lot of sense we definitely want him, he is perfect for our left. Particularly if you see Watkins and Wesley as our Centre forwards. It was mentioned in his thread that Rachica like to drift inside, run the inside left channel and break the offside trap. When you have a guy doing that they feed well of a link / Target man. When you factor the lack of pace our front line currently has, and how much we need a wide men like that it makes more sense. Then if you add in the fact Jack tends to drift left when played centrally you can see a lovely synergy on the left and centre attacking areas. If you factor in Watkins can play play on either wing as well as up front the movement and unpredictability of such an attacking forward line becomes apparent.

Then all we need is Buendia to play on the right, and we have a potentially top 6 standard attacking unit. You have 2 goal threats with a pace and power combination, and both technically proficient. 2 creators, one the most fouled player in the league that can dictate and control a game. The other adept at set pieces that has a chance creation record almost as good as Jacks and plays in our problem position. 

Plus all that for around 75m sounds like a plan!

sounds very very decent. Nothing that you could disagree with there. With the remaining 25mill a physically imposing holding brute of a midfielder such as Doucoure. 

Would also love Sarr on the left instead of Rachica

Sarr - Grealish - Buendia

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Even with Luiz in there too?

I think Luiz is a vital component, for sure. I just think we need an all-action box-to-box guy in there as well to firm up the spine or we're going to be too easy to play through.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gatecrasha said:

sounds very very decent. Nothing that you could disagree with there. With the remaining 25mill a physically imposing holding brute of a midfielder such as Doucoure. 

Would also love Sarr on the left instead of Rachica

Sarr - Grealish - Buendia

I don’t think Sarr is available, I think a lot of teams will come for him especially those who’ll only get one player. Could be Palace if they sold Zaha. But who’ll Zaha go for? I’m not sure.

5 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Basically, we're not interested in 99% of the players under discussion here, it's just voyeurism: like flicking through the pages of the Argos catalogue when you were a kid. 

But unlike the Argos catalogue, where they only gave the dimensions of a product, we now have an almost infinite amount of real statistical data and YT vids that we can analyse for our imaginary purchases. 

Add to this hellish situation current players posting old photos with possible new signings, or possible new signings possibly or possibly not removing things from their social media profiles and you have a heady mixture of utter nothingness.

But without a wishlist to send to Santa, we're going to get socks again!

• Haha 1