Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, sparrow1988 said:

But if you try sometimes, you might find you get what you need.

You never know what you won't achieve, before you don't achieve it

*Insert Jonah Hill looking confused GIF

We've already got Nakamba and Luiz for the DM position, what we need most of all in midfield is a box to box player that's strong in the tackle but also decent going forward, someone like Doucouré springs to mind, but there are probably better examples.

• Like 3

Interesting looking at the Sevilla line up last night and the make up of it.

A club that's punched above its weight for last 15 years with brilliant scouting but also some sensible decision making.

Find young gems like Jules Kounde (think we were linked with him last summer) and Deigo Carlos, both from French league.  Part of their rock solid defence and they also use the loan market with left back Reguillion on loan from Real Madrid.

What really interests me is their midfield. Ever Banega who is 32 and Fernando the DM who is 33.

So they've got an excellent mixture of youth and also top level experience in key positions. Kind of feel we're still some way from that given the links we've had so far this summer. Eventually if we're to play even europa league in next few years we need that sort of mix in key areas.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/rico-henry-aston-villa-transfer-18755148

After a number of injury setbacks, Rico Henry is finally delivering at Brentford - and is now a target for Premier League clubs including Aston Villa.

Henry played a key part for Brentford as Thomas Frank's Bees competed for promotion. However, the clubs is facing an exodus of key players - with Henry seemingly set to join Said Benrahma and Ollie Watkins in leaving the club after the team fell in the play-off final to Fulham.

And Henry could end up joining the forward duo at his next destination - if everything lines up.

The Daily Mail state that Henry is a transfer target for Villa, Leeds United, Olympiakos and PSV Eindhoven.

Henry played over fifty times last season as the Bees finished third in the Championship, and has been identified by a number of club as an option.

For Villa, he would compete with Matt Targett and Neil Taylor for a slot at left-back under a manager he is very familiar with.

Current Villa boss Dean Smith managed Henry at Brentford alongside Watkins and Benrahma - and brought the left-back in over from Walsall for a record fee for the club at the time, having previously managed the up-and-coming full-back during his own spell at the Bescot Stadium.

Full-back isn't Villa's most pressing need during the current transfer market as the club search for a striker and front-three reinforcements. However, talents like Henry at full-back are available for cheaper fees - with low offers being circulated for Wigan star Antonee Robinson as well.

There is value to be found with a smart bid for depth options at full-back - including Henry.

• Thanks 1

I've been calm about transfer activity so far but now we have exactly one month before the PL starts again we need to start to get going now with signatures on pages please and holding up the new shirt on the pitch for the obligatory photo.  18 days since the season finished for us, hopefully some things will start happening in short order.

Plus I'm bored of no real links, just pages of speculation!

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Watkins will be done soon I reckon. Patience.

Not exactly exciting though for a transfer....not a player that is going to significantly improve our first XI.  Really hope he joins us but we really need to start improving the first XI if we are going to have a better season this season than fighting relegation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ponky said:

So any foreign signings would be need to quarantine for 14 days prior to joining the squad - is that correct? 

Given it seems most english players are abroad at the moment on holiday, it'll be the same for them as well.  Even John Terry is overseas I believe at the moment.  No idea how pre-season will work.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Given it seems most english players are abroad at the moment on holiday, it'll be the same for them as well.  Even John Terry is overseas I believe at the moment.  No idea how pre-season will work.

We won’t be able to play most of our new players until about 8 games into the season. But it’s all fine, deals take time, we can’t expect any more  :rolleyes:

:P

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Not exactly exciting though for a transfer....not a player that is going to significantly improve our first XI.  Really hope he joins us but we really need to start improving the first XI if we are going to have a better season this season than fighting relegation.

I've said this before, he is a sideways move, ideally someone like watkins should be our 3rd choice starter 

• Like 2