Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 minutes ago, Rolta said:

The if is definitely the key here. Why would they put that low price tag on him this early in the window when they bought him for near enough that much and he's looked good?

Unless he has a release clause, which I guess is possible.

Very true that is the big word. But id go as far as saying he is worth 45m. He is bloody good

6 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Definitely need to find better than what we currently have mate,  We need find few players that will go straight into first eleven so current player's like Conor, Trez, Nakamba, Samatta are squad options. 

do you have any insight as to what the workings of the club are?

is the problem that we aren't identifying these players or is it that for whatever reason we don't bid or we cant push it over the line or the player simply isn't interested?

I would anticipate it not being the first one

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

do you have any insight as to what the workings of the club are?

is the problem that we aren't identifying these players or is it that for whatever reason we don't bid or we cant push it over the line or the player simply isn't interested?

No idea mate.

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Media are saying they want 30m. Sarr is a young quick exciting signing. Reminds me of when went for ashley young. He was a superb signing for us and was from watford (good omens!)

Yeah I agree, I think he'd be a superb signing if we could get him. The only worry for me is the only place I can see reporting the £30m tag is The Sun, so it's more than likely complete bs. Still, if they're desperate for money you never know.

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I know I’ve mentioned this before but if Celtic want £30m for Edouard then I think we should pay that. It would break their record transfer fee received a few time’s over I believe, and it would be a record for us too.

Perculiar reason for wanting to buy a player. 

9 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

What we need in this window is a DM like Wilfred Ndidi. No idea who, but it would be great having that sort of player in the team with McGinn and Luiz.

Luiz is that player, no?

One good thing about there being no signings yet, is that they’re all still to come! It’s going to be a busy time in the next few weeks I think.

I would much rather it take a couple of weeks longer and have the right players than rush it and have poor ones. If we’re bottom at Christmas I doubt many people would be saying ‘well at least we got all the signings done in the first week of the window’. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I don't think so. I think we need someone who is a bit more of a combative DM. I see Luiz as a bit more of a box-to-box CM next season.

Weston McKennie been mentioned, not seen him much but he's supposed to fit the mold, Wílmar Barrios is supposedly looking leave Zenit but he might want European football.

Valencia might be forced to sell Geoffrey Kondogbia and I'm sure there are other more realistic targets. But I agree we need someone like this.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, sne said:

It'll be a waiting game and I think the Championship clubs will crack first, they will need money in and to reduce their wage bill. 

Maybe.  But there is an extra 10 day window after the regular window SLAMS shut for just deals with the EFL.  I reckon a few will be holding out to use that.

15 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I don't think so. I think we need someone who is a bit more of a combative DM. I see Luiz as a bit more of a box-to-box CM next season.

He has excelled at DM since restart. I don't see any reason to move him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

He has excelled at DM since restart. I don't see any reason to move him.

Yeah but we can't really afford to have Hourihane playing so we need someone beside McGinn and for me Grealish should remain on the left (if he stays)

Wasn't Luyindama linked with us for a while? If he can play DM as well I'd like us to go in for him, or someone else that can play both CB and DM. They can start off as right CB then go into DM if Dougie gets injured or, if SJM gets injured, Dougie can go into his place and the new guy replace him etc.