Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

I would really have wanted Abraham back. I think Chelsea could sell at around £40M if we would pay that for one player. I get the impression that Chelski operate more with more of a business model than some of the other big clubs, they usually sell when the price is right. With Abraham coming through their ranks they would make a huge profit. They probably need to seel to balance their books as well with all the money they are shelling out. Biggest stumbling block I'd say is that Tammy doesn't seem to wanna leave. He is a Chelsea boy so I don't blame him. So I have lost the little hope I had.

Otherwise I think £40M would be a fair price to pay, that was what Haller and Joelinton went for. Tammy is still young and can improve. Also having played for us we know he fits into the team and into the system, knows the manager and the players, he wouldn't be a gamble, and that itself would be worth paying extra for.

We definitely need a new cb, seeing that WB are going after Duffy, shouldn't we try to hijack that deal? Craig Dawson could be an alternative as well.

I would like us to go for Webster or someone of that calliber, or go for Smalling, but I would rather see that we spend our money on attacking players and bring in a cheaper option as cb. We need someone who is experienced, a wise old head now that Chester is gone. Duffy or Dawson would fit well in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, useless said:

Yes, didn't realise Lille had that kind of money.

They've sold Pepe and Oshimen for over 100m in last 12 months. Makes sense to re-invest that on someone like David who seems highly rated. Canada got some really interesting talents coming through now, will have a really interesting team for 2026.

42 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

We definitely need a new cb, seeing that WB are going after Duffy, shouldn't we try to hijack that deal? Craig Dawson could be an alternative as well.

I would like us to go for Webster or someone of that calliber, or go for Smalling, but I would rather see that we spend our money on attacking players and bring in a cheaper option as cb. We need someone who is experienced, a wise old head now that Chester is gone. Duffy or Dawson would fit well in.

I heard that Duffy to Celtic was a done deal.

47 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They've sold Pepe and Oshimen for over 100m in last 12 months. Makes sense to re-invest that on someone like David who seems highly rated. Canada got some really interesting talents coming through now, will have a really interesting team for 2026.

Interested GIF by reactionseditor

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JamieZ said:

Congratulations! You just missed out on Alphonso Davies!

Sorry, but what that says to me is, "I don't pay close enough attention to have an informed opinion about particular players, so I'm just going to write it all off as beneath my attention." There are plenty of players in MLS worthy of making the jump.

You dont watch any actual MLS then. You keep on enjoying this fantasy MLS that exists in your head :)

But please, lets hear all these MLS players who are ready to be Premier league starters. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer